We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Hi, after 5 nights in Ubud and 3 nights in Seminyak we want to go somewhere, on the beach for the last 6 nights. Our first choice was Nusa Dua but after a lot of reading I realise that this one is quite isolated and faraway from what Bali has to offer. We want to have the possibility to go out for lunch or dinner, to have a nice local meal, to interact with peoples, etc.

Does Jimbaran or Sanur will be a better option ? Any suggestion for a nice private villa on the beach ?

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

We enjoy down time at Jimbaran but, for a beachfront villa, you might have more luck in Sanur. Sanur offers a lot more options for dining out especially.

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Sanur has a lot more to see and do.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Sanur for sure. We've gone there 3 times and always loved it. Went to Jimbaran for the first time this year. Will not return. There aren't many restaurants or spas or shopping. Even taxis are hard to come by. Only recommend for those who don't want to leave the resort.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
958 reviews
4. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

I would definitely choose Sanur. I know quite a few people stay in Jimbaran but to me it seems undeveloped except for a few big hotels. Sanur is a well established area with many amenities and over the years has retained it's relaxed atmosphere without becoming like those busier areas in the south.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Thank you all ! Any accommodation recommended ? A very good hotel or a private villa on the beach ?

Also, what about Amed? This can be a good choice ? As far as I understood, snorkelling is very good in this area..this is not a must for us but very much appreciated ;-)

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
958 reviews
6. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

The Griya Santrian is a good hotel in Sanur on the beachfront and near stores and restaurants.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,554 posts
179 reviews
7. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

I agree that Sanur would be a good choice. If you give us some idea of your budget, then we can make some hotel suggestions.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur ?

Thank you all !

I do not have a fixed budget but we are not a Four Seasons type of tourists. I really like Sudamala Suites & Villas ( Bali style arhitecture ) but this is not exactly on the beach. Anyway, five minutes walking is not a problem but the beach itself is a bit disappointing.

I am looking for a gorgeous resort, located on a nice beach with clear water. In the same time I would like to feel free to go out for dinner or drink.. I am looking something like The Laguna, a Luxury Collection but I do not want to be captive in an area like Nusa Dua...

We are 40 yrs very social adults with a 14 yr teenage.

Reply to: Jimbaran or Sanur ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted