We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ding Ding tram route suggestion

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Ding Ding tram route suggestion

Hi,

I would like to ride on the Ding Ding trams after my visit to Victoria's peak. I intend to take the Peak Tram down to the Lower Peak Terminus. Can anyone suggest the closest ding ding tram station to get on and then where to get off, with enough travel time on it to truly experience this iconic mode of transport?

I eventually need to head back to the Hong Kong Star Ferry pier to cross over by ferry to Kowloon. Your help is much appreciated :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

From the Lower Peak Tram Terminus, just walk downhill and you will see ding ding tram stations in front of the Bank of China tower.

You can ride east bound and turn around at Causeway Bay, and you would have seen the more interesting sections of the tram route. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on traffic.

If you have time, you can ride the ding ding tram back to Central, and walk out to the ferry piers. Or take the MTR if you want quicker.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 17:11
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

Thanks, Glacierfed.

If i ride east bound and turn around at Causeway Bay...

1) once I arrive at Causeway Bay, I will have to get off the tram and go across to the opposite side and take the tram heading west?

2) is there a number on the tram to look out for?

3) can I take this same tram all the way back to Central or do I have to switch?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, as long as you avoid the trams marked "Happy Valley", all the others will get you to Central.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

1. Yes, unless you board an eastbound tram which shows destination as "Causeway Bay" and travel to Causeway Bay Tram Terminus, in which case the westbound stop at the terminus is on the same side of the road as the arrival stop from the eastbound journey. You still have to disembark from the tram, pay the fare on exit and reboard what may be the same tram to return in the westward direction. However, most eastbound trams carry on beyond Causeway Bay with a final destination of North Point, Shau Kei Wan or Sai Wan Ho Depot.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

Okay, got it. Many thanks, everyone!

6. Re: Ding Ding tram route suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 15:20