We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 21 hrs in Hong Kong Help!

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasanton...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best 21 hrs in Hong Kong Help!

Staying over in hong kong on way back to SF, want the best view from my room and ideas of sites for afternoon and early morning next day. $150/room and have 14 yr old boy. Would like most for money with regards to location and amenities. Please advise.

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 21 hrs in Hong Kong Help!

OK - just two people one room? Best bet for cheapish view is the YMCA Salisbury. Views don't come cheap in Hong Kong :-). But it's a good place for a 14-year-old as it has a climbing wall if he is at all keen on that sort of thing.

This hotel is right next to one of the most expensive in Hong Kong, and you get exactly the same view. So it's excellent value for money. Don't be misled by the YMCA, it's actually a three starish Hotel I think from memory.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 12:00
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,345 posts
5,580 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 21 hrs in Hong Kong Help!

See travel lists below for what to see/do ideas. I'd concentrate on activities around Victoria Harbor and on the Must/See list but you might spot others interesting.

Hong Kong Must See/Do Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Best of Victoria Harbour

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27892-Best_of_…

Mongkok Markets

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

Temples and Monasteries

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25656-Hong_Kon…

For harbor room, I'd go with the YMCA - Salisbury, right smack no Victoria Harbour, you should be able to find room there with your budget.

Also, best to make use of the FAQs on the right hand side of this page. You'll find [Need a Hotel in HK], [HK Island vs. Kowloon] and [Must See/Do in Hong Kong] suitable for your trip.

Have a very nice time during your short stop in HK.

3. Re: Best 21 hrs in Hong Kong Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:16