We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

Sydney
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

I am trying really hard to find accommodation for a family of 5. We have 2 adults and 3 children aged 6, 3 and 2. Given the young ages of the kids, we don't want to put them in a room by themselves. We are looking for a hotel with interconnecting rooms or apartment style accommodation around Central Hong Kong. Not Causeway Bay or Kowloon.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Wilmette, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

I love Causeway Bay and it's close to Central (10 minutes or so) with plenty of things to do, plus easy access to the South Side (beaches, Ocean Park, etc.). My kids love taking the tram going from west to east and back. Novotel is located in Wanchai, I am pretty sure they have interconnecting rooms. I had friends with 3 kids stay in Lanson Place, but it's also Causeway Bay. I am pretty sure the fairly new Crown Plaza has connecting rooms too (and a pool) but again, Causeway Bay. Central has more business hotels, some can be fairly expensive and 2 rooms can add up per night. Going east usually makes it slightly more affordable. I guess it comes down to your budget per night in the end. Not sure some serviced apartment places would be available for short stays, can't hurt to ask.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

Central is a high-rent business district. Not suitable for building hotels. I may be able to count all the hotels in Central with my hands. The 2 Mandarins and Four Seasons, perhaps Hotel LKF too. I suggest that you perhaps not focused on getting accommodation in Central. Unless you don't mind paying top dollars.

Edited: 12 April 2012, 17:56
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

Welcome to Tripadvisor and the HK Forums! :)

Is there any particular reason why you're restricting yourself to just Central? Transport in HK is brilliant and very efficient (a gazillion times better than Sydney's transport system!), so, you could be anywhere you want to be in (like Central) in no time at all.

There are two two-bedroom apartments that I'm aware of which offer daily rates:

- Shama Central: http://www.shama.com/central/

- Central 88: 88servicedapartments.com/ce/apartment.html

- The Bauhinia is another, but, I'm not sure whether they offer daily rates or not: http://thebauhinia.com.hk

I have no experiences with any of them though, so, definitely read up on reviews and whatnot.

Keep in mind that apartments in HK generally require at least a month's stay, but more are now offering them for daily/weekly stays. Also, apartments in HK will be small, so, you generally can't expect apartment sizes like you might get in Sydney or elsewhere!

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Edited: 13 April 2012, 00:36
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
879 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

On business trips, I've stayed in Central, but I much preferred TST when in H.K. with my three children, since the transportation is so efficient and more choices to stay as a family. The Intercontinental have many connecting rooms facing the harbor, which my children really enjoyed watching the ships go by. We have also stayed at the Hyatt Regency TST, which also has connecting rooms that is very convenient for our family of five.

5. Re: Family accommodation in Central for 2 adults 3 children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:40