We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where for Afternoon Tea?

bethesda
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where for Afternoon Tea?

Can someone recommend a nice place for Afternoon Tea- scones, clotted cream, tea sandwiches.

The intercontinental hong kong is too expensive but is there another place with atmosphere and possibly a view? We can scratch the view for atmosphere. Would like it to be in Kowloon. Is it too cheap to say around $232 hkd a person? Thanks so much

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,661 posts
5,744 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

The views and quality of the afternoon tea service are worth it at the Lobby at Intercontinental but understand your consideration for cost.

Try a search for afternoon tea, using the Search Box above and see what comes up. This question is asked every so often and there have been some good discussions on the topic that you can access through the Search Box.

Good luck with your afternoon tea decision.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,053 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

Another good spot for tea with a view is Sky Lounge at Sheraton. The cost is about 1/2 of Intercontinental. The food quality is really so-so but the view is good.

Along the harbor, if you are not after the traditional style of afternoon tea, there are restaurants (such as Pizza Express) at LCX of Harbour City shopping complex that offer a good view.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

I think you will love to try Harlan's @ The One. Affordable plus great view. Is located at Tsim Sha Tsui area, I went there once will like to return again. The hi tea is nice. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294217-d788…

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

I loved High Tea at the Langham. A big spendy, but we were so full (and I love my food) that we ended up having cheese and biscuits in the hotel room for dinner.

If I remember correctly with a glass of French Champagne is was around $45 each.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,053 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

I am assuming the prices given by Jo_Travel are probably AUD, not HKD.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

a glass of French Champagne is was around $45 each. AUD $45 = HKD $360...

A glass of Champage for HKD $360?????

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

No la--High Tea at the Langham with a glass of French Champagne -AUD45.

Yes?....well, it can also be AUD45 -HKD360 for a glass,if the champagne is Bruno Paillard Premiere Cuvee Vintage 1998.

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

Yes - was talking Aussie dollars. It was high tea including a glass of French champagne.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 09:27
9. Re: Where for Afternoon Tea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 20:23