We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Hello friends,

We are heading to India from Australia in Oct-2011.

We have option of stoppage either in Singapore Or Hong-Kong for about 24 hours (reaching at 5pm and departure on next day 7pm)

We are more interested in a city sightseeeing and photography.

As far as Transit Visa is concerned we require it in Singapore but not required in HK. Hence need your help in deciding which is better place for stoppage ?

Thanks,

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Hong Kong. There are much more iconic sights and attractions in Hong Kong than Singapore.

The Hong Kong harbour is a magnificent sight on its own. There's also the view from the Peak, the century old tram, the Star Ferry and the popular neon lights of Nathan Road.

UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Yes I agree Singapore is a great place but it's got to be Hong Kong it is out on it's own. The iconic buildings of central will give you plenty to photograph.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Posing this question on the HK forum is bound to result in a bias towards Hong Kong.

Having been to both tho, I would definitely plump for HK

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
118 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Hong Kong

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Both of these wondeful cities deserve to be visited in a manor of days not hours. That being said, if I had 24 hours in one of these cities, it would definitely be Hong Kong.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,046 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

I Love both cities but there is something that just screams 'HK' to this question. S'pore is less memorable on a 24 hour stop over compared to HK. There is just something about our glorious skyline and the Peak that are impossible to replicate in S'pore.

Here are some to do/see attractions in HK you can consider, can probaby squeeze 3,4 maybe 5 into a 24 hour trip.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Enjoy India and your layover in HK or S'pore (both are very good 24 hour options, you can't really go wrong with either choice).

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

Singapore is very small and basically flat. Hong Kong is bigger and more hilly. You can see small mountains, water (harbour, bay) and building clustered together. Definitely more objects to shoot photos of.

8. Re: 28 hours Transit ....'Singapore Or Hong Kong' ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 10:19