We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HKIA to Macau

singapore
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
HKIA to Macau

I would like to stay in Macau for 1 night and possibly 2, and hence need info and assistance.

I will touched down at HKIA on Sunday afternoon. It's either I stay in HK for 3 days, Macau for the 4th day, back to HK on day 5 and back home on 6th.

I am thinking if I should proceed to Macau(from HKIA) on Sunday, back to HK on Tueday and stay in HK for 3 nights. This will save me the transport fee to Kowloon from HKIA.

I have read and is concerned about our lugguages. Understand that we have to hand our lugguage tags to the porters who will collect for us. Anyone ever encountered any lost lugguage?

Do I have to book the tickets to Macua in advance if I travel this way?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,949 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HKIA to Macau

There are ferries from HKIA to Macau roughly every hour. The worst that can happen if you don't book and it is full (unlikely on a Sunday night unless it has been a holiday weekend) is that you may have to wait an hour. Your airline baggage tags are exchanged for ferry tags and are just as secure. I have never had any problems with luggage although no doubt they lose the odd bag just as airlines do.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,913 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HKIA to Macau

Just to add my voice that neither have I lost any luggage - it's just the same deal as a flight transfer. I also agree with Zhuhai2007 that it is not worth buying tickets in advance unless there is a BIG international event in Macau the next day (check the events calendar at www.macautourism.gov.mo).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HKIA to Macau

Note that on your way back home (Macau - Hong Kong - Singapore), you can go to a designated counter to refund the HK$120 Departure tax (for every passenger above 12) that's included in your airline ticket's taxes section. This is as long as you do not technically "enter" Hong Kong and stay within transit area of SkyPier / Hong Kong International Airport.

hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-…

4. Re: HKIA to Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 14:16