We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

Estevan, Canada
2 posts
What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

this is on behalf of my 17 year old daughter and baby, they will be transitting through Beijing from Sydney to Canada, but have a really long wait in Beijing airport, can someone please tell me what there will be for her to do, as i dont recommend her leaving the airport at all...is there shops? restaurants, something to keep baby occupied? would appreciate any suggestions thankyou :)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,938 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

flyertalk.com/forum/china/924817-9-hours-lay…

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,643 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

I have a 5 hour layover coming up at Beijing and I'm taking a good book to read. There are places to eat and drink and it's a modern, well organized airport.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,340 posts
842 reviews
3. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

Not much to do but there is free internet.

Estevan, Canada
2 posts
4. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

bloody hell...hahaha...sounds like a fantastic way to spend a huge vast of time...wandering...maybe she should just book one of the little sleeping rooms..nothing worse than travelling with infants/babies/toddlers/kids and ive done it too...thanks everyone

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

did you visit bibimbob's link, dont get mislead by the information in that post, maybe u can get into the BeiJing city, i am not sure, but most attractions are far from the city, make sure they are reachable before you plan anything, for example Greatwall is way too far, too time consume and too tired for a transmiter.

My suggestion is as your last post, get a room in airport hotel, or get a seat in a pub or coffee shop or restaurant or anywhere rest you. A room seem good since they have kid, usually you can find free eletronic supply and free (wireless) internet.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,340 posts
842 reviews
6. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

No she can not go to the city unless she has a visa. And with a baby, this doesn't sound like a great idea. Getting a short term room at the airport is probably best.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,911 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

Internet is free, but not available on the spot. She has to go to a machine that scans her passport and then prints out the login details.

I also believe it is only valid for a couple of hours.

New York
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

We were just in China and also flew out of Beijing airport. That was one of the nicest (and biggest) airports we ever have been to.

In case you belong to an airline lounge, you can rent a little room with a bed (in the lounge) for free.

I thought that was a wonderful option if you want to have some time for yourself or rest up some.

They also have showers there, also neat.

Maybe an idea in case mother and child want to rest some in privacy.

9. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2011, 20:06
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,643 posts
42 reviews
10. Re: What to do in Beijing airport for 10 hours????

The lady is travelling with a baby. Moreover, a visa is needed.