We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

tel aviv
2 posts
Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

Is anyone knows about this service in Beijing, if so – Internet address, Mail, Tel?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
296 reviews
1. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

I am going to china this august. When I was started planning my trip last june, I also inquired about the hop on hop off bus. I hope the ff. links help. I stored them in my favourites. I do not know if the service is still in existence, though.

1. globaltimes.cn/www/…526790.html

2. en.piao.com.cn/beijing/ticket_2770.html

3. http://www.citybustour.net/

I ended getting a private tour guide to help me around. But I might get the evening tour to see beijing by nite.

Hope this helps.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
842 reviews
2. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

This is not an hop-on and hop-off kind of tour. As far as I can tell, the bus does not stop anywhere, or it only stops a very short time. It is not like what you have in London, NY or other places when you have a continuous buses driving around a circular itinerary. Looking at the list of places they visit in 3.5 hours is nothing short of amazing. Maybe you can save the airfare and buy a nice book of photos of Beijing instead.

The subway will take you to all the major attractions in Beijing for 2RMB per ride. If you wish, hire a guide for the day. For the price of this half-day tour per person you can hire a guide for the day for the whole group (substantially less per person as a result).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
296 reviews
3. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

The first link said that they were planning 10 stops (from the current 2). That was april 2010. You're right. It is just a couch tour of beijing. I don' t know if they managed to get the 10 stops approved since I stopped researching after I decided on a private guide.

The cost per person (there are 4 of us) for the bus tour was what made decide to use a guide instead. More cost effective.

Edited: 22 February 2011, 12:58
tel aviv
2 posts
4. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

Thank you very much BIGWAWAO - Moshe

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
5. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

I did not see any open air hop on off buses in Beijing while I was there. I saw many many tour buses though.

I just travelled everywhere on subway and sometimes I used the local Beijing buses which was good experience.

Edited: 23 February 2011, 22:32
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

I've never seen any open-top buses myself (equipped with respirators?) and I'd be surprised if such a service would attract anyone given the distances between places of interest. Beijing is really a city where you decide how to cluster together the sites you want to see in order to make the best use of your time. Sometimes you can walk between places within one area, other times a short bus, subway or taxi ride is all that's needed (1, 2, or 10rmb respectively, usually) so forking out hundreds of Yuan for a tour bus just doesn't make any sense. In addition, many places are not really suited to quick visits so I can't see the point in what's being offered by that company (if it's still operating) - what do they do? Just let you to take photos from the moving bus?!?!

7. Re: Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:17