We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Museum

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
National Museum

The National Museum of China in Beijing is closed until late 2010. I heard that while it is closed they are lending out parts of their collections to various other museums in Beijing and elsewhere for temporary exhibitions. Does anyone know if this is correct, and where I can find out about any temporary exhibitions in Beijing including items from the National Museum? I am going to be in Beijing 3-6 April and 14-18 April.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Museum

Yes, it is.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Museum

Sure, I know that the National Museum is closed, but do you know anything about temporary exhibitions of items from their collection elsewhere in Beijing? Thanks.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Museum

I'm afraid I don't know about any specific collections but it may be worth your while taking a look at the Capital Museum.

http://www.capitalmuseum.org.cn/en/index.htm

It was rumoured to have taken some things.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National Museum

H.....mm, I don't know all about that.

In early of Jan/2010, when I visited 'Museum of Chinese Characteristics' in AnYang, Henan, I read few pieces of display; which are seal, ding (a kind of bronze sculpture), mentioned that it donated from National Museum of China.

That's what I knew.

5. Re: National Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 16:16