We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrefour Beijing

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Carrefour Beijing

HI. I'll be staying in Novotel Peace Beijing Hotel near Wanfujing, and I need advice on going to the nearest Carrefour.

I intend to buy food and baby stuffs.

Where is the best Carrefour (Big, comprehensive and not too far) that I should go? I should be taking a cab.

Thanks alot!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
287 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrefour Beijing

I think the closest one is at Guang Qu Men . If you can read chinese characters on your PC: 北京市崇文区东花市南里三区,富贵园购物中心3层

Or you can ask the cab driver to take you to the nearest Carrefour. In Chinese, it's Jia Le Fu 家乐福.

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrefour Beijing

why must it be a Carrefour? There is a decent western grocery store (Ole) in the Xin Dong An mall, a block away from your hotel, that will have everything you need.

If it has to be a western store, there's a Wal-Mart in between GuoMao and DaWang Lu, accessible by subway line 1 (which is the line at Wangfujing), if you didn't want to take a cab, otherwise the closest Carrefour is probably just south of there at Shuangjing (双井), as the one mentioned by 1 isn't that easy to get to from where you are.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrefour Beijing

My experience is that Carrefour and Walmart are the best large "big box" stores, in terms of price and reliability. They carry different lines of merchandise, though, so many times it is worth going to both.

4. Re: Carrefour Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 15:23