We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
144 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

Can some one tell me which is the best subway stop and exit for the church? I plan to go to english mass on Sunday and am trying to figure out how to get there. taxi or subway. I'm up in the Haidan area. thanks.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,992 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

The Wangfujing station obviously.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,992 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

Taking line 5 would involve a couple more stops plus a transfer. I think the walk may be a tiny bit shorter but much longer in the subway.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

To get there: Take the line one subway to Wangfujing Station. (below the Oriental plaza). The church is about 500 meters north of this station exit, north up Wangfujing Street

If you take the subway 5 line it's about the same distance to the east of the church.

It depends on where you are staying in Haidan and what is your closest metro line ( 10 or 4)

As JP says from Haidan it is usually quicker for you to go to the Wangfuging stop.Not sure where you are staying but Haidian Huangzhuang station is a transit for line 4 & 10. from there you can continue on line 4 to Xidan station. Change over to line 1 & go to Wangfuging.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

#4 is right.

From'Huangzhuang station by line#4 to Xidan station. Change over to line#1 & go to Wangfuging. At exit#A, head north for 1KM.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

Yes, JP & I have already said that....

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

The closest stop, by far, is Dengshikou on LIne 5, not sure where in Haidian you are, but line 10 to line 5 would be the way to go.

However, as services start at 7am and 8 am (or even earlier if attending the Lati service), I'd highly recommend taking a taxi and getting to the church at least a half hour before mass begins.

7. Re: Subway stop for catholic church on Wangfujing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 14:17