We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

How's the weather for Beijing, Qingdao, and Dalian as we plan to travel from 28 may until 8 June this year. Any one knows the average temperature? How to go about these 3 places in 12 days? Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

You'll be traveling in summer so it will be hot. You can have a look at daily averages here: http://weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0008&q=Beijing%2c+CHN+forecast:averagesd&weai=5

From Beijing to Dalian you can fly or get an overnight train - the Z sleeper train take 10 & 1/2 hours.

From Dalian to Qingdao you are best to fly as it is quicker. There is no direct train so if you don't want to fly it means taking a fast boat (about 3 to 4 hours) to Yantai and then a short bus ride from Yantai to Qingdao.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,021 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Check online for average temperatures but it will be nice and warm, a good time to visit. You can visit all 3 places in 12 days in a relaxed manner. For internal flights check www.travelzen.com but do not book early.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Agree with Annie. Taking plane will save your time when you travel from Dalian to Qingdao.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Adrian, It looks to me like you are taking the Diamond Princess repositioning Cruise or part of it.

We did the full Anchorage to Bangkok itenerary last Fall and had a great time.

We enjoyed The Great Wall, Quindao and Dalian as well as the other destinations.

I blogged my impression of this wonderful cruise and each of its destinations on my website wondricus.com - look for the three World Trip pages.

It may help you cultivate your anticipation of a wonderful experience.

IOf you are not on he cruise, it should be a fun and perhaps useful read for you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Sorrym missed the 12 day criteria. We had friends who wanted to meet us. They planned to take the train.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
287 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

It should be nice and warm but gets cooler at night. Night time temp is definitely cooler than in Kuching, MY. Kind of what it feels like after a heavy rain during MY's monsoon season. There are trains from Beijing to Dalian & Qingdao. Definitely easier to fly.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

Thank you for all your kind info. If you are from Beijing, what area is best to put up? with easy access to food and shopping (walking distance) ? I am on wheel chair, so, need to look for friendly and easy way to move around. Decided to fly to Dalian as well, any idea pertaining to Dalian's area?

8. Re: To Beijing, Qingdao, Dalian end of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 14:15