We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies restroom

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Ladies restroom

Are western bathrooms common in Beijing? Had a hard time finding one, when in Guangzhou, was 9 years ago, so maybe that has changed!

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,839 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Ladies restroom

Don’t recall any real issues finding one when we were in Beijing last year.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,781 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Ladies restroom

Most tourist sites have western type facilities. But still areas where you have to go to public restroom that is pretty basic.

An option is to walk into an hotel and use the bathroom there. I often do it, and have never been send away.

California
Level Contributor
4,289 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: Ladies restroom

My wife has a clean bathroom rule not matter what country. China is not at the top, but neither is it at the bottom of our have seens or want to see, especially in major cities....and we use the hotel drop by tactic, too. We men also appreciate clean bathrooms.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,886 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Ladies restroom

Shopping malls is another option.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,037 posts
830 reviews
5. Re: Ladies restroom

You mean sitting restroom. Nothing western about it as you find those squat toilets all over the world. I find sit-down toilets in most restaurants (nicer restaurants and fast food chain), hotel lobbies and shopping malls. Newer tourist attractions have them as well.

Salem
Level Contributor
18 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Ladies restroom

Still hard to find except in hotel and western restaurants. Many tourist places also have them. Try to time your need.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
12,421 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Ladies restroom

Always a good idea to take along a supply of tissues in the purse/daypack, and hand wipes/hand sanitizer.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
448 posts
141 reviews
8. Re: Ladies restroom

Yeah, even if toilet is "western style" it is very rare to get soap/ tissues there. Exept hotels obv, and newer shopping malls. ALWAYS carry tissues!

Reply to: Ladies restroom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted