We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok to travel to Egypt?

Co Londonderry
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ok to travel to Egypt?

Hi

Can someone advise me if a lone female traveller would be ok to travel to Egypt at the moment?

If any instability was to happen again would I lose any money I'd paid?

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

YES it is safe to visit egypt not only at the moment but all the time, and as a proof that there never had been a tourists who got harmed with even during the revolution, so do not be worry

just try to not remain so late at night out alone, stick while walking to main streets and crowded areas.

about loosing money this you can discuss according to your reservation itself and its cancelation policy

wish you enjoy your trip

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

We are just back after 17 days in Egypt. We always felt safe and welcomed. My wife and I did notice that females out alone may get more attention from men who just want to help you find your way, because you are obviously lost and in need of his assistance, guidance, friendship, etc. They do give up, but you will probably say, "Shukran. La Shukran" more times than we did. However, with some city-wise street smarts there did not appear to be any physical threats to tourists.

Co Londonderry
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

Many thanks folks

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,936 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

Look at the tips on the right of the screen. You will be OK if you dress sensibly.

You must have good travel insurance which will cover you for medical matters and also cancellation, etc.

Islamabad, Pakistan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

hi plz tell me is there any ok to board visa or onarrival visa for ejypt one of my friend in ejypt he goina sending me on arrival visa but i confirm from pakistan ejypt embassy thye says there is no possibilty to treval on this type of visa u must get a visa from pakistan ejypt embassy is it true plz tell me on my wmail eddress munsafjavedchoudhry@hotmail.com

uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

Yes it is safe to visit Egypt at any time you wish.

You must have good travel insurance which will cover you for medical matters and also cancellation.

You could have visa on the arriver in Egypt and visa cost $15

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

for people from Pakistan as well as some other few countries it is compulsory to have visa from their own country before arrival, one of which is Pakistan

8. Re: Ok to travel to Egypt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:40