We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

3 posts
How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

Hi, i'll be going to korea as a volunteer for a month (october 2018). And yes i have a place to stay. Minus the accommodation and flight. How much money in Korean Won should i prepare? I don't think i'm going to do anything fancy everyday. I just wanted to know how much is it roughly if i have to spend my money on food and transportation and i believe i'll only be in Seoul most of the time.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 17:45
6 replies to this topic
Asia
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

This has been answered on https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g29…

3 posts
2. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

Hi thanks for the reply. Will 10000~20000won enough for food per day? and will 1000000krw enough for one month? i'm not going to do things as a tourist a lot.

JHL
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
776 posts
495 reviews
3. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

Yes.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
391 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

I would not plan for w10,000 to w20,000. That is too low for a daily estimate. It’s better to over estimate.

I would plan w10,000 per meal x 3 meals a day so w30,000 at minimum. This estimate could change if you plan to buy groceries and prepare meals yourself. Most Koreans I know drink free water when they eat out

At a restaurant. I drink soda or other drinks that I pay extra for. Eating at places like a 7-11 you would want to buy a bottle of water, etc. Whatever money you have left over each day could go towards snacks or go towards a more expensive meal later on your trip.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
391 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

Just to clarify the w30,000 estimate I mentioned was for cheap meals only. Not other expenses you may have.

California
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
335 reviews
6. Re: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?

And have a plan B. Does your financial institution issue ATM cards? If so, that can be your reserve. While Korea is generally very safe, do you intend to initially be carrying around ₩1 Million? Big bulge in your wallet.

Do remember also to obtain a T-Money card early in your stay or when you arrive to facilitate travel. And do take into consideration the possibility of an occasional splurge. Might as well enjoy the stay but also have a highlight or two.

Reply to: How much is the cost for one month trip to korea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted