We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

Vancouver, British...
5 posts
Save Topic
Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

I'm wanting to buy a used cellphone for a family that I met when I was there a couple years ago and wondering if iphones and blackberries are yet usable there or should I be looking to get another type of phone for them.

And if sim cards do work to make calls in those phones, is there yet access to any network besides wifi?

If you don't think it's a good idea to bring them one of those phones, can you recommend another phone that is popular in Myanmar?

Thanks!

yangon
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

Yes both iphone and blackberry can be used in Myanmar as long as they are not lock by the operators.

If you are willing to spend more then buy iphone as people here doesn't like blackberry.

if you want to have cheaper options will be Samsung or Huawei and ZTE will be even cheaper options.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

how about Malaysian device? we still can use both of device?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,018 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

#2 You will have to buy a local SIM card-yours will not work in Myanmar.

4. Re: Can you use iphones and blackberry phones in Myanmar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 14:15