We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

I and my friend, We are looking at using Hakuna Matata Tours for Rwanda Congo DRC and Burundi. I have seen a lot of positive reviews about them.

Anyone had any tour experience with them in that part of the world recently.

Edited: 09 September 2010, 22:41
Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

I had a great experience with Hakuna Matata. Visited Burundi, DRC, Rwanda, Uganda. Climbed Nyiragongo (which is pretty hard), tracked mountain gorillas. Absolutely loved my trip and love Africa.

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

I'm glad to see that not everyone who used Hakuna Matata has been cheated like we were, but we have now been waiting over 4 months for the refund for the part of the trip they failed to deliver on (and promised to send)and they still do not communicate with us. Kennedy is a thief.....I highly, highly recommend to anybody not to send them ANY MONEY in advance of their trip.!!!

Kampala
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

I have heard about them, they seem to exist and I have read good revies about them.

Rotterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

Normally I am not really much into forums, but this time I have to make a comment, because Hakuna Matata Tours (particular the owner Kenedy) should be stopped directly!

We have made a trip to DR Congo of 18-days in 2010 with Kenedy – Hakuna Matata Tours, which turned out to be feeling as 18 years. We made an arrangement such that we paid the entire tour in Europe with the idea that everything was arranged. In Europe this person will be seen as a criminal. Apparently he cannot show up in Congo anymore, because he is searched by many people who are swindled by him. He is now ‘hiding’ in Rwanda, close to the border with Congo. This is what we have heard and we have no reason to doubt that!

It all started in Kinshasa, our first destination. There was nobody waiting for us when we arrived. After making many many many phone calls we eventually managed to get into a Hotel and made contact with the guide. In the end we have seen very little from Kinshasa, simply because the official guide was not told by Kenedy to guide us. So Kenedy did not arrange anything! The guide did not have any money, but due to long discussions we managed to let Kennedy pay (Remember, we paid the whole trip already in Europe!) You can imagine that this was not a good start of a holiday!

Then we arrived in Kisangani. First, it looked very good. Our guide was waiting on the airport and we had two very nice days on the Congo River. After that we went for Epulu in the Ituri forest. This is a very very remote area (and very beautiful!). When we eventually arrived at the place for two nice days meeting pygmees and wildlife, the guide asked us to pay the hotel and all other activities for the next two days (the guide did not tell us anything in Kisangani!). Afterwards this was because Kennedy did not give her any money. Nevertheless without any money we left for a remote area with rebels. Can you believe that! You can image that this is not a nice message when you are in a very remote area, but apparently Kennedy does not care. When we arrived back in Kisangani we also noticed that the bills and food of the Hotel was not paid since we arrived in Kisangani from Kinshasa. After Kisangani the plan was to get a flight to Goma. After a number of calls with Kennedy in Rwanda, we were asked to pay the hotel and flight. The idea was to retrieve the money back once we arrive in Goma. This was because the bank in Rwanda had ‘problems’. We did not do that and we waited for several more days in Kisangani for the money from Kennedy. With about 1500 phone calls and sleepless nights he finally paid. I do not wish such a situation to anybody!

Then we arrived in Goma. Also in Goma we were more or less stuck in our Hotel for several days, due to no available money from Kennedy’s side. Finally we saw the gorillas, but that was because we pressed again very very hard. Gain with some sleepless nights. Again, when the time was there to departure out of Goma there was the same situation. The hotel was not paid and there was no money. Finally to get out of the Hotel, Kennedy left his car as pledge to the hotel, because we refused to pay it!!!

In the end we made it to Rwanda with a very good guide and our trip was ended. Please draw your conclusion. The only thing I can say is that you should not believe any responses which go against this story, because this is the only truth.

Kampala
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

I read this from a certain travel forum online and think will be of help

Never go with Hakuna Matata Tours!!!

Normally I am not really much into forums, but this time I have to make a comment, because Hakuna Matata Tours (particular the owner Kenedy) should be stopped directly! After our trip, and responses from many other people, we conclude that Hakuna Matata Tours is a criminal organization.

We have made a trip to DR Congo of 18-days in 2010 with Kenedy – Hakuna Matata Tours, which turned out to be feeling as 18 years. We made an arrangement such that we paid the entire tour in Europe with the idea that everything was arranged. In Europe this person will be seen as a criminal. Apparently he cannot show up in Congo anymore, because he is searched by many people who are swindled by him. He is now ‘hiding’ in Rwanda, close to the border with Congo. This is what we have heard and we have no reason to doubt that!

It all started in Kinshasa, our first destination. There was nobody waiting for us when we arrived. After making many many many phone calls we eventually managed to get into a Hotel and made contact with the guide. In the end we have seen very little from Kinshasa, simply because the official guide was not told by Kenedy to guide us. So Kenedy did not arrange anything! The guide did not have any money, but due to long discussions we managed to let Kennedy pay (Remember, we paid the whole trip already in Europe!) You can imagine that this was not a good start of a holiday!

Then we arrived in Kisangani. First, it looked very good. Our guide was waiting on the airport and we had two very nice days on the Congo River. After that we went for Epulu in the Ituri forest. This is a very very remote area (and very beautiful!). When we eventually arrived at the place for two nice days meeting pygmees and wildlife, the guide asked us to pay the hotel and all other activities for the next two days (the guide did not tell us anything in Kisangani!). Afterwards this was because Kennedy did not give her any money. Nevertheless without any money we left for a remote area with rebels. Can you believe that! You can image that this is not a nice message when you are in a very remote area, but apparently Kennedy does not care. When we arrived back in Kisangani we also noticed that the bills and food of the Hotel was not paid since we arrived in Kisangani from Kinshasa. After Kisangani the plan was to get a flight to Goma. After a number of calls with Kennedy in Rwanda, we were asked to pay the hotel and flight. The idea was to retrieve the money back once we arrive in Goma. This was because the bank in Rwanda had ‘problems’. We did not do that and we waited for several more days in Kisangani for the money from Kennedy. With about 1500 phone calls and sleepless nights he finally paid. I do not wish such a situation to anybody!

Then we arrived in Goma. Also in Goma we were more or less stuck in our Hotel for several days, due to no available money from Kennedy’s side. Finally we saw the gorillas, but that was because we pressed again very very hard. Gain with some sleepless nights. Again, when the time was there to departure out of Goma there was the same situation. The hotel was not paid and there was no money. Finally to get out of the Hotel, Kennedy left his car as pledge to the hotel, because we refused to pay it!!!

In the end we made it to Rwanda with a very good guide and our trip was ended. Please draw your conclusion and decide if you want to have such a holiday. The only thing I can say is that you should not believe any responses which go against this story, because this is the only truth.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
41 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

It does amaze me that people would books tours with a company - and recommend a company - that is being savaged in reviews by people who have used them and clearly been ripped off.

Of course some people will have good experiences with one company while others have bad, but Didiane, do you really think it is worth encouraging people to use a company that have clearly cheated other travellers?

There are other tour companies in Rwanda - try Amahoro instead!

17. Re: has anyone used Hakuna Matata tours Company 4 Rwanda &

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Democratic Republic of...
More Democratic Republic of the Congo Topics