We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn

Hi

Has anyone stayed at Holiday Inn with children? I have a 15 year old girl and 2 X 6 year old boys. If so what accommodation would you recommend for this number? Do they have family rooms for 5 or would it be better to take adjoining rooms? Would like to be able to just walk outside rather than having to go down stairs etc? Also believe that some of their accommodation looks over car park so not interested in this.

Thanks in Advance

New Zealand
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi Brenda

I can help you on the two room scenario

We stayed at the holiday Inn in January with our two teenagers boy (17) & girl (13). We booked two garden rooms interconnecting (No.121 & 123) they were on the ground floor which meant we had to go down one flight of stairs from reception which took less than 2 mins to get to our room. The rooms over looked gardens/golf course trailing down towards the lagoon which we could just see . We were on the ground floor so could walk right outside to the little patio with table and chairs and clothes rack great for drying those togs... not.... because of the humidity!

Beyond the patios is a coral pathway which ran along the front of all the rooms beyond the path grass and trees and garden.

All upper floor rooms (2 levels above the ground floor) have balconies but I have heard many people say how small they are and so not that useful though they do have the same basket chairs and small round table on them but that is about all you can fit.

For bedding configuration we asked for a king in our room and two doubles/twin in the other room for the kids so if your two 6 years olds would share a bed and your daughter share the room with her brothers this would be fine! It gave us two bathrooms, two tvs! not that we watched it much but there are plenty of channels and enough space in the rooms that we never felt cramped.

The rooms on the opposite side of our corridor over looked the drive way, it is pretty though, with lots of greenery but it may be a little dark. Those were the even numbered rooms.

Hope this helps, just ask away if there is anything else I can help with

Justine

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi Justine

Thanks, that does help. Our 15 year old wont mind at all sharing with her younger brothers. Was there plenty for your teenagers to do as I am hoping 'kids club' is good for 6 year olds but still want 15 year old to enjoy herself?

Once again...thanks....any info would be helpful. This is for our 'grandchildren' and will be a 'once only' trip for us all.

Brenda

New Zealand
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi again

The resort was very quiet when we were there but even so most guests were family groups and the kids soon found a new friend. The beach hut activities staff are great at getting everyone involved. Activities were well publicised on notices around the hut etc and they always happened as scheduled. Soccer & volleyball were often on the menu along with a cultural activity such as a cooking lessons or weaving or coconut husking, story telling from a local etc. One day they managed to get everyone who was sat around the pool onto the beach for a tug of war which the kids loved!

The lagoon is very safe for kayaking and sailing the small catamarans, they also do lessons to help first timers and tours around the lagoon in the kayaks. There is a giant chess game too and table tennis. In the lobby bar by the internet there is also a play station but sorry cant help with what sort of games they had but think they may be more suited to your 6 year olds as saw younger children on it. Also in the lobby bar there is a good selection of board games and most families or the kids and even adult couples staying would sit and play games in the evening after dinner.

The nightly entertainment is good too various bands and the highlight of the week on the entertainment front was the firedancers, young people from a local performing arts school. They were brillant and most of the dances were to very modern songs which impressed my teenagers!

There are plans to make a "teenage space" insdie off the lobby area but not sure when this is happening? when are you thinking of travelling.

Justine

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi Justine

Thank you so much...great information. I think we will definitely go...I also emailed the resort and they sent me a daily activities sheet for 'kids club' which looks great.

I have been looking at 'travelonline' and they only seem to have interconnecting rooms with 'resort view'. Was hoping for either garden or lagoon although maybe resort would be fine....just want to make sure we can walk straight out onto some sort of grassy area for the younger kids.

We are planning on going in September...possibly just before school holidays....not sure how busy they would get during holidays.

Once again, many thanks....I feel a lot more confident booking now.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn

HI Brenda

Pleased to be of help, I am sure you will all have a lovely time. Maybe try and request a ground floor room when you book on line. We booked with Flight centre here in NZ. Got the inclusive breakfast deal which is so worth it but I think curently all rooms come with buffet breakfast included, definitely worth checking, but from what I could gather from other guests when we were there it seemed to be the deal all round at the present time and breakfast is fantastic. I dont think Vanuatu gets too busy at all not like Fiji does in school holiday periods.

Keep in touch and love to hear how you all enjoyed it when you get back

Justine

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi, can anyone tell me if you can snorkel off the beach at Holiday Inn resort? Is there any fishes or corals at the beach? Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn

Hi Coolmum,

The lagoon at Holiday Inn is not really suited to snorkelling. Theoretically you could, and there are fish and a few seastars, but it is better to grab a bus and head for the ocean. It is only 5 minutes away to proper snorkelling grounds.

Happy travels,

Jen

8. Re: Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 16:18