We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Does anyone know if you can ask for certain seating on Air Van in advance or only as you check in at the airport. On previous overseas trips, flying with different airlines, you can go online and choose your seating before you fly. Also is the seating configuration 3 to a row or different.

Cheers

K

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

K, AV are not that advanced to offer online check-in or seat allocation, however you can call them in Australia on 1300780737 and ask for a certain seat which they will then place in their system. As usual there is no guarantee you will get this seat but the last couple of times I have done it the requested seat is the one I have been allocated. I'm not sure if this applies to emergency exits as well but if you are travelling with kids you cannot sit in these rows anyway.

And yes seating is 3-3.

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Thanks Hindo

There is not realy a set seat that we want, just so that we all sit together thats all, probably us two adults together and the boys in the row infront of us together, and not over the wing, last few times we have been stuck over the wing and the boys missed out on seeing out the window.

I might give them a call and see what they can do for me.

Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

if you are all on the same booking, and i see no reason why you would not be, then they will seat you all together regardless, however it could be across an aisle or something like that.

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Hi I have just returned from Vanuatu flying Air Van .

If you request seating from 14 through to 30 you will miss the wing seating

if you prefer the front section ask for 5 through to 10.

The Aussie office will take your request but you will need to request again at the airport (try to get in line 2.5hours before to guarantee your request.

I e-mailed and took a hard copy to the airport .

My return flight had no seat problems as there were a few empty seats

and the stewardesses let me take my pick after take off.

All the Air Van people are REALLY helpful, it reminded me of the "good old days" of flying pete

Sydney
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Thanks for that info, I just actually got off the phone from Air van and they took my request down, but pointed out that they cannot guarantee it will happen, but to mention it again upon check in......

I was however told a tip about duty free alcohol, for which I have posted a new forum on here about that.

Cheers

K

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Just flew back today on Air Van. Row 3 is the way to go as it has the most legroom in economy. But to be honest, the seat pitch on Air Can is great so all the seats are pretty good. Great economy food too and Tusker beer! Really good airline for economy. Now they just have to fix up the inbound/outbound customs debacle (very slow!!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

Just flew back today on Air Van. Row 3 is the way to go as it has the most legroom in economy. But to be honest, the seat pitch on Air Can is great so all the seats are pretty good. Great economy food too and Tusker beer! Really good airline for economy. Now they just have to fix up the inbound/outbound customs debacle (very slow!!)

8. Re: Seat allocation on Air Vanuatu.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 16:19