We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Ideas on Santo

Sydney
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Lunch Ideas on Santo

I understand from fellow travellers that transport becomes rather difficult at night from Oyster Island, so for a bit of variety in our eating, we thought that the occasional outing for lunch would be nice while out and about.

I was wondeing, while spending the day exploring Champagne & Lonnoc Beaches and Port Orlay, is there somewhere at any of these locations that you can have a nice lunch.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

Hi countingdownSydney,

Well that's a long name. Guess you're counting down ;-)

The short answer is "yes".

You can have a very nice lunch at Lonnoc Beach Restaurant. It is an open-air village style beach cafe which serves very well priced meals based on Santo beef or local chicken. The beef or chicken curry is a good choice.

You can also enjoy a cold drink or a coffee while you ponder the lovely view.

Another thing you can do on other days is to pop into the Luganville supermarket and pick up a few savoury pastries from the meat safe - yes I did say meat safe. We took these for picnic style lunches and they were yummy.

You can also take a loaf of fresh bread and a few comestibles along with you.

In town, try the Natangora Cafe and Hotel Santo restaurant.

Just out of town is the Coral Quays resort restaurant.

Hope this helps,

Jen

Sydney
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
2. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

Thanks Jen,

Yes I am counting down, the days seem to be getting slower now because I am literaly marking them off the calender, Im too organised, even down to what Im taking, Lots of work to wrap up though before we head off.

Thanks for the suggestions, the Lonnoc Beach Restaruant sounds lovely, will definately give that a go. I had also read a great reveiw about the Hotel Santo. My hubby is a pub meal man !!!

On the subject of food, is there alot to choose from for kids on the menu at Oyster Island Resort, we have two boys aged 12 & 10, not fussy eaters but just boys !!!!

K

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

The food is good, as you'll find out yourself.

The two owners of one of the hotels in town go to Oyster Is every Sunday for their lobster lunch. I won't tell you the price of the lobster. You wouldn't believe me.

Lunch of fish and chips cost us about 1000vatu pp (that's about $12). You can read up some more on Oyster Is here tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1207993-d61…

Hotel Santo has a new restaurant. I really like the Hotel Santo. It is really old in a nice, Swiss Family Robinson kind of way. We had the best toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches there. Sounds simple but we were hungry and they were delicious.

To feed your hungry boys between meals, pop into the Luganville supermarket and pick up a few packets of Pringles, a loaf of bread and a few savoury baked items from the meat-safe. These pastries are like a calzone pizzas. Very good for filling hungry tummies and will save you having to purchase a cafe style meal everytime they want food. On that note, the cafe is open all the time. There are no scheduled meal times.

Happy travels,

Jen

S.E.QLD
Level Contributor
36 posts
4. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

G'day countingdown,

Some more ideas.......

Across the road from LCM supermarket and next to Alan Power dive centre is a small bakery, It's worth a look.

Meals can be bought from the buildings to the left of the town markets[looking from the road]. Although I didn't try these on my last visit, I most certainly will on my next. The french restaurant in the main street is most deserving of a look. You will also find a chinese restaurant [LHS coming from airport] down a short street towards the harbour near the ANZ bank.

Sorry I can't be more specific about directions, the memory fades a tad, ...

but look and ye shall find !!

Cheers, Ausbro

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

And I forgot to mention the Coral Quays restaurant, about 4 k out of town heading away from the airport.

Delicious place to try Santo beef.

J

6. Re: Lunch Ideas on Santo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila
Recent Conversations