We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice beaches near mangoes resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
nice beaches near mangoes resort

hi, we are travelling to vanuatu to stay at mangoes resort in october. This will be our first trip to vanuatu, i am wondering how far (walking distance?) the beach is from the resort. is there any good bars near the water and where would be a good spot to ask my lady an important question? any advice would be appreciated.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
1. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Vanuatu, or at least Vila, is not known for its great beaches. Your best bet will be to head towards Hideaway Island and enjoy the beach there. There is also a bar called the Beach Bar (fancy that) which has a good atmosphere and is pretty reasonable price wise. A nice cold drink as the sun sets overlooking the bay sounds like a good place to ask important questions, or one at least.

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
2. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Hi

The best sandy beach in Port Vila Town, is at Erakor island.

If you travel outside of town you will find much better but may have to pay.

Swimming anywhere is sensational. as the water is perfect.

Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
3. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Is that really a beach though at Erakor? A few metres of imported sand?

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Mangoes is lovely and we have stayed there a couple of times. The owners and staff are always friendly and we always go back for a drink each time we are there.

You can use the track behind mangoes to go down to Palms resort.

Jody

Level Contributor
60 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

The 'romantic table' on the jetty at Paradise Cove Resort at sunset would be my pick.

Level Contributor
60 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

The 'romantic table' on the jetty at Paradise Cove Resort, at sunset would be my pick!

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
7. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Ur right Hindo

It's not a beach at all but about the only sandy oceanfront swimming spot in the Port Vila township.

I went for look at the Whitesands development today and in front was a great little beach with no parking, yet.

Etmat bay, which is absolutely sensational would be just to hard for a tourist to find.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

Take note of jody's hint to walk down to The Palms lagoon beach via the rainforest garden.

Vila Chaumieres is a nice romantic spot, as is Tamanu on the beach. These are a little bit more private than a bar.

The paradise cove table beside the beach is also a good one.

Roxy's overwater cafe on Erakor Island is also a lovely spot after dark, or before dark for that matter.

You could also go out on the Caraid Sunset Cruise. Its a sort of bar on the ocean. Very pleasant.

Sounds good. Wish we were there right now.

Good luck!

9. Re: nice beaches near mangoes resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila
Recent Conversations