We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinery help please!!!

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinery help please!!!

Hi

I have never posted on here before but have been reading alot of helpfull reviews.

My partner and I are heading to vanautu in October to get married and have our honeymoon and were going to stay at port villa but decided the things we wanted to do are easily done at santo, so the plan was to stay 7 nights at ratua and be married there on the beach. But after reading the reviews looks like its pretty dear. So what do you think about staying at oyster island resort for say 3 nights then heading to ratua for our wedding and stay there for the remaining? If anyone was any ideas please help I want this to be perfect.

Many thanks :)

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinery help please!!!

I noticed no one had answered your question, so "bumping" it up.

If you look at Ratua's website they have the rates listed. I've never stayed there so I have no first hand knowledge at all, but have looked at their website in the past when they had "specials"

To make the trip a little cheaper, I think it's a good idea to stay elsewhere for a few nights first.

Hope someone else who has been to Oyster Island can assist. There are regulars on the forum who have. I'd also recommend you private message any reviewers (especially those with a few posts and reviews) and ask any questions you may have. I do this myself for places I haven't visited before, and find most genuine people are happy to help.

all the very best with your honeymoon planning

LTB

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinery help please!!!

Hi Kal

I've been to Oyster Island, this time last year in fact, and had an absolute ball. It is a beautiful place, with a high standard of accommodation and great restaurant. It has had a few changes of management since then, with a few issues because of that, but seems to be sorted at the moment according to reviewers. They have a facebook page and a website, and unusually for tourism photos, the pics there don't do the place justice. It is even more beautiful than it looks online.

I haven't been to Ratua, but it is extremely expensive compared to Oyster, even through a last minute website like wotif.com. There are mixed reviews on here, but it certainly looks very interesting. It really depends on what level of luxury and what type of pricing you are looking for.

I'm not sure who does the wedding organising on Santo, but some of the locals might know. Certainly it's worth emailing some of the accommodation providers and ask for a quote. I've seen wedding photos on Oyster Island's facebook page, so I know they could help.

Best wishes with planning, keep on asking questions, and do some searches on here for 'wedding' or something similar.

Cheers, Barbara

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinery help please!!!

Thanks for your replies, we have now decided not to stay at ratua yes because of the $$, we are thinking a place called barrier beach house which is next to moyyans. I'm just trying to work out if it's seperate villas or a b&b (which I hope not coz it lOoks great.

4. Re: Itinery help please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 04:51