We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling around Palau

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling around Palau

Hello

I am travelling to Palau in December and I was just wondering if anyone knows of a midrange accommodation close to where we can do lots of snorkelling. I’ve bought a couple of books on Palau but I still don’t know how easy it is to travel around. Like are the rock islands easy to get to from Koror? How long would it take to travel there? And are there much accommodation options near the rock islands?

Thank you for your help…..

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
South Pacific
Koror
Koror
Koror Island, Palau
15 replies to this topic
11. Re: Travelling around Palau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2016, 18:10

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travelling around Palau

Thank you for takin the time to reply I will keep this in mind. I've heard it's very expensive out there. I have managed to book some places to stay now so I will plan my excursions when I arrive.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
33 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travelling around Palau

Corals are amazing, the best I've seen so far, but not sure about Palau being a great snorkelling destination: most of the fishes and "big stuff" stay in the 10-30 metres range, plus the best spots are pretty far off from Koror (Ulong area, Ngemelis area).

I did snorkelling on the Kayak tour to Nikko Bay: the kayaking was extraordinary for the incredible landscape, the snorkelling so-so, can't compare at all with what you see in the areas closer to the best diving spots.

Whatever "tour" you choose, be it kayaking, or snorkelling or even more diving, expect to pay A LOT.

Jellyfish lake is out of business at the moment, so the permit for the Rock Islands is "only" 50 USD.

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
South Pacific
Koror
Koror
Koror Island, Palau
Jellyfish Lake
Jellyfish Lake
1,155 Reviews
Koror Island, Palau
Koror Island, Palau
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travelling around Palau

Can you tell which are the accommodation you have chosen. I can help you on what is the best things you can do in that location.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
326 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travelling around Palau

Natalie, did you go already? Where did you stay or are staying?

Reply to: Travelling around Palau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koror
Recent Conversations