We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Is it safe?

Just curious as I have seen some temp teaching employment advertised. Anyone living or been here recently? What do people working here do to keep fit? Is it safe to run around the island?

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
1. Re: Is it safe?

Nauru is a beautiful location filled with beautiful people. The school is one of the more modern buildings on the island. There are stray dogs in some districts of the Island that might mean being cautious going for runs, but there is a Nauru Marathon held each year (if its still going) as part of an initiative to help fitness and health. You are also able to swim in some of the closed-off ocean areas.

2. Re: Is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2018, 15:35

Los Angeles, CA USA
Level Contributor
93 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Is it safe?

Well I just got back from seeing Nauru as a tourist, and I hope you don't think I'm "scum" for doing so.

What a fascinating place, for so many reasons.

My photos, videos and story can be found here: http://bit.ly/2g7LDcx

As for safely, my only problem was indeed a wild dog...be careful and walk with a big stick! Other than that, one of the best trips I've ever taken...Nauru is incredible!!!

Yaren
Level Contributor
139 posts
192 reviews
4. Re: Is it safe?

Nauru is very safe. Single women should take the usual precautions.

1 post
5. Re: Is it safe?

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyytt GH huh huhhhyyyyttyyyyyyyyyytyyytyytyyyttttttttty6tyyyyyyyghygggbbybbbbbbhhhbbbbbbbybbbbbbgggytyy

Yaren
4 posts
6. Re: Is it safe?

Nauru is a nice place to visit and relaxing as [ecially, jogging/running around the country is perfect, but not at this time due to vast numbers of dogs around the country which is becoming a problem... Overall, it's a perfect place to visit and the people are good generally. Be warned that Nauru has one session SUMMER eneryday 32 degrees mostly.

Yaren
4 posts
7. Re: Is it safe?

Nauru is a nice place to visit and relaxing as speciially, jogging/running around the country is perfect, but not at this time due to vast numbers of dogs around the country which is becoming a problem... Overall, it's a perfect place to visit and the people are good generally. Be warned that Nauru has one session SUMMER everyday 32 degrees mostly.

Reply to: Is it safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nauru
More Nauru Topics