We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

job work permit

Indian Rocks Beach...
1 post
job work permit

how to applied a job

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
126 reviews
1. Re: job work permit

You will need to contact the government. Remember it is very difficult to get to the island now due to the Detention Centre.

Toriaballet2
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: job work permit

Hello all, I will be going to do some consultancy work in Nauru and am told are very harsh conditions. Does anyone know if it is possible to be a vegetarian there? What about eating "healthy" meaning no seafood or meat and nothing deep fried?

I am thinking of bringing some dried food staples to tide me over...granola bars and whatever....or would they be available on the island?

I know with the detention center there are a lot more Westerners on the island which could mean more supplies/stock for the growing market or all supplies being drained.....

Any assistance you could provide would be helpful. Also, if you are not staying at the Menen do you know if you can still hang out there in their restaurant or pool area just to cool down? I don't care if I need to pay a day fee but just wondering if its a possibility as where I am staying there is no ac.

thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
3. Re: job work permit

This is an old post but I will reply in case anyone else is wondering. Eating healthy is possible but you will need to cook for yourself. The supermarkets are well stocked but at times expensive. Most staples are there but the high quality granola bars generally aren't. (maybe just 1-2 varieties). Hanging out at the Menon isn't my idea of a good time. Better to find a little spot on the beach. The Menon is OK if you want an evening ale.

4. Re: job work permit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Nauru
More Nauru Topics