We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tax exemption booth

Nanuet, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tax exemption booth

Hi,

Traveling to Colombia in a few days. This is my question, we are scheduled to leave at 8am, am almost sure the booth wont be open at this time or earlier, does any you know where or how i can get the stamp for the exemption at a very early hour? Can i go to the booth the day before to get the stamp? Any other travel suggestions or tips are more than welcomed

Thanks,

Sheila

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tax exemption booth

The booth will be open as long as there's flights;get there early international terminal will be busy.

Nanuet, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tax exemption booth

Thanks playa4u. I see people mentioning an app for taxis. Do you know the name is of this app? can you recommend any local market in Bogota for local souvenirs and such?

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tax exemption booth

Tappsi www.tappsi.co and easytaxi http://www.easytaxi.com/co/

Candalaria has many places to buy souvenirs.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tax exemption booth

Pasaje Rivas has a good selection of souvenirs;bargaining is customary.

Calle 10 con, Cra. 10, Bogotá, walk toward the Palace on Ave Septima,a passage way with lots of stalls inside. Gold museum is close by and La Candelaria as Bicks pointed out.Take the cable car uphill to Monserrate.

guiatodo.com.co/Sitio/bogota/el_pasaje_rivas

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,802 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tax exemption booth

"can you recommend any local market in Bogota for local souvenirs and such?"

Sunday market in Usaquen. Best souvenirs and super inexpensive if you ask me. Great artisans. It's a pleasure to go there even if you're not in the buying mood

If you do go, don't miss the upper part, up in the park, through the parking lot, and up the stairs.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294074-d1…

6. Re: Tax exemption booth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2017, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Bogota