We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiebra Canto, Bogota

NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Quiebra Canto, Bogota

I can't find any information about this bar on TA, near Carrera 5 and Av. 19. Is this in la Candelaria? Not talking about its sister bar in Cartagena.

There is a band playing there on a Saturday night in February. Some of the prior forum advice suggests not going to this area at night.

If we take a cab back and forth, should it be reasonably safe? Also, does anyone know what the crowd is like age-wise?

Thanks.

Bob

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

Hey Bob, we have been to 'both bars' not for a while mind you.I see they have also added a 3rd location - Casa Quiebra Canto.Safety wise; same safety issues apply to most late night bar exits - "call a dispatched cab"

In our case most of the family lives in the far north - late night it can be tough finding a cab to take us back home.

btw didn't you stay in La Candelaria last visit?

http://www.quiebracanto.com/

https:/…

…vive.in/noche/bogota/lugares_noche/quiebrac…

NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

Hi,

No, didn't stay in La Candelaria, only visited during the daytime. We stayed in Usaquén, Hotel Hill House. Really liked it there, Pleasant staff, clean, great neighborhood and the price is right. We'll return there in February.

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

This is a good bar; more younger sort of crowd. Used to have a good night on Tuesdays.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

ok, the bar location is in Las Aguas near Av19 - on one of those little calles.It's downtown;a little gritty at night.

Still recommend calling a cab before you leave.

The Bogota location has been around for decades;go to place for live salsa music.The crowd maybe younger these days;music changed to reflect that.These days I'm lucky if I can get the gang out to dance and then they want some place closer like Usaquen.

Hopefully the links I supplied steered you in the right dection.

Level Contributor
972 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

My suspicion is there will be more of a police presence in Candelaria after the new mayor comes in on the 1st Jan. I've stayed and walked around the Candelaria plenty of times even at night. I've been to Quiebracanto several times. La Candelaria is by no means a no-go zone BUT there is a heightened chance of getting mugged that is undeniable. Just take a taxi there and back and you'll be fine. Use Taxi-app or Easy Taxi or even Uber, maybe have all 3 installed on your phone in case one lets you down.

NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

Thanks for all the replies. Will use a taxi app.

7. Re: Quiebra Canto, Bogota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2016, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Bogota