We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminals at Bogota airport?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Terminals at Bogota airport?

Good morning--we have to switch planes in Bogota when flying from San Andres to Pereira:

• AV 8561 U San Andres-Bogota 12:26-1430, DORADO INTL TERMINAL:2

• AV 8517 S Bogota-Pereira 1550 -16:50, DORADO INTL TERMINAL:1

How far apart are the terminals? Does Avianca tend to run on time? Or do we need to worry about our luggage making the second flight? Thank you.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
121 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

If it is one combined flight you have booked through Avianca, you don't have to worry about your baggage, they are a decent airline and should move it between planes without any problems. I have not had any delays with them before, personally, but who knows. It takes about 15 minutes to get from one terminal to the other, there are shuttle buses for this journey.

Medellin
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

Avianca often runs late, however they will manage you (if late) and put you on the next flight. Where the bags come, you will see an area for inter terminal transfers. If unsure just ask any avianca staff member. Your bags will be transferred automatically - but make sure they are noted as checked through at checkin .

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

Thank you. Both flights are on Avianca. It didn't occur to me that our flights would be in different terminals until I put together our overall itinerary for our trip.

Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

Both the international and domestic terminals are part of the same large building now

When arriving internationally exit the arrivals hall (not the building) turn right and go up the escalator to departures and continue to the left.

It's all clearly sign posted in what is now a pleasant modern building

Edited: 29 December 2015, 07:02
Medellin
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

Not entirely correct - a number of Avianca flights still operate out of the Puente Aero terminal which requires a bus connection. San Andres is one of those flights. List below.

avianca.com/en-do/routes-that-operate-in-el-…

Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

Apologies Bicks - appears I'm learning new things all the time.

I incorrectly assumed all of Avianca had moved to the new terminal

7. Re: Terminals at Bogota airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2017, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Bogota