We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
441 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

I have a flight between Bogota and medellin on Satena. Do i direct my taxi to a different terminal for checking in at Bogota El Dorado or is it the same as Avianca and other airlines?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
7 replies to this topic
Medellin
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

On its web page it stages that from the 29 April, they operate from Puente Aero, which the is smaller terminal before el dorado (where Avianca used to operate from).

https:/…111

Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

I RE: Reply #1

I don't think so, however I am not positive. We flew on Avianca into El Dorado the morning of May 1, 2018, Avianca had begun using the new Terminal building, 2 days before that .

I believe that the :Puente Aereo" was closed on 29 April 2018,

OP I suggest that you continue looking for information on the web sitwa of Satena and of the airport ,

Edited: 12 May 2018, 07:40
Medellin
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

Skahkee. In relation to post 2 above, the link I sent you was clearly from the Satena website and states that they now operate from Puente Aero. It is not closed. The below link (news) also states the same - Satena / Easy fly now operate out of Puente Aero and all avianca flights out of terminal 1( Main airport).

Desde el próximo domingo 29 de abril las aerolíneas Easyfly y Satena trasladarán su operación a la terminal Puente Aéreo (T2) y los vuelos de Avianca pasarán en su totalidad al Aeropuerto El Dorado (T1).

https://www.elespectador.com/economia/desde-…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
441 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

Thank you so much for this information. There was some confusion this morning with my host about which terminal so this week save some anxiety

Medellin
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

No problem - even if everything is wrong, you are only 5 minutes away from the other airport!!

Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

OK. Confirmed. SATENA is operating from the Puente Aereo in El Dorado Airport as of 29 April 2018. It's on this SATENA web page:

https:/…1

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
441 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question

Thank you all for your help.

I am currently sitting in the Puente Aero terminal building and can confirm that both Easyfly and Satena flights are departing out of this terminal. The airport also send to offer a shuttle between this terminal and the larger main terminal as I observed a family trying to catch an Avianca domestic flight be directed to a shuttle.

Reply to: Satena - check in at Bogota El Dorado question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted