We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viaje a Colombia

Which Colombia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Viaje a Colombia

Hi, i'm strongly considering traveling to Colombia, any idea of what travel agency I should use ?? or If I go on my own wich places I can visit ???

Thank you for all your help in advance !!!!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viaje a Colombia

Hey

If you can speak Spanish and are used to Latin American countries (which seems to be your case according to your profile), my best guess would be that you are perfectly able to set up your journey on your own. Which places you can visit? Well, depends on what are your expectations, of what you like to do on vacation! There is a very large array of options, from Caribbean all-inclusive resorts to high adrenaline extreme sports, from cultural tourism to big party time. Coasts, forests, mountains, you name it. If you like striking beauty of nature, just google “Caño Cristales”.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viaje a Colombia

What interests do you have? You could plan a vacation around them, for example San Gil (Santander) is the adventure capital, hang gliding, river rafting, mountain biking and hiking are some of the options that are available in this zone.

A tour of coffee country (eje cafeteros) takes in some great sightseeing opportunities, birding, hiking in national parks and some regional theme parks are just a few of the activities that await you. At the end of the day you can stay in a hacienda de café, relax in the hammock, sip a cool drink and take in the amazing scenery.

A tour company can arrange special accommodations, tour requests and work with you to make your vacation hassle free.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Viaje a Colombia

Thanks man I 'm quoting the air fares right now and I saw in google the place you said...it's awesome...

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Viaje a Colombia

that's true I've heard abourt the eje cafetero it's quite interesting...thanks

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
40 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viaje a Colombia

Hi I've just returned from my third visit to Colombia. I would strongly recommend Cartagena for it's beauty and magnetism! You can happily spend a week there. From there I would consider Tyrone national park (although the boat ride is scary!) and perhaps Santa Marta. This year I also visited the hot volcanic spring spa in the mountains outside Pereira. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was beyond incredible!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viaje a Colombia

"I would consider Tyrone national park (although the boat ride is scary!)"

Please read Tayrona Park. And it is accessible by road too, from Santa Marta. From Park entry to camping sites (to spend a night or two), you'll have 2 to 3 hours of walk. Like 2.5hrs for 1st camping site, 3hrs or a bit more for 2nd site.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viaje a Colombia

To further add Tayrona has a shuttle into the park, located at the park entrance, if your not up to hiking you can also park you're butt on a slow horse.

elbrether, fyi there is also a mountain biking grind in Minca >

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g2227443-d242…

Mountain biking is very much alive in Colombia.. check out some of my nephew's biking trips > www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=172173

Edited: 31 August 2012, 04:27
8. Re: Viaje a Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:19