We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

New York
6 posts
New Years Eve

Hi All,

I'm traveling to Punta del Este at the end of December and staying in La Barra. I wanted to see if anyone knew if I needed to book plans for New Years Eve prior to our arrival in Punta.. Please let me know where the good parties/restaurants are!!! I will be traveling with 3 others all are in their mid-late 20s

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: New Years Eve

I'm well beyond your age, so clubbing on NYEve is not my style. Based on what I've observed and been told, however, my guess is that the good clubs may well be booked already. The gold standard in clubs for years in La Barra (actually in Montoya, right next to La Barra) has been Tequila. It's expensive, it's pretty exclusive. The others change almost every year, so if I tell you something based on last year it might well lead you wrong.

NYEve in the Punta area has four phases: drinks with friends around 9 p.m.; dinner around 11 p.m.; watch the fireworks along the beach from midnight to about 12:30, 12:40, and for the young crowd, a club starting around 2:30. If your group is attractive, you can probably wrangle an invitation to a private drinks/dinner at someone's home in La Barra. If you don't want to depend on that, definitely try to make a reservation at a restaurant now. There are no great restaurants in La Barra, but there are several decent ones.

2. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 14:16