We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre- booking for Etihad bus/shuttle service to Dubai??

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Pre- booking for Etihad bus/shuttle service to Dubai??

Hi there

I am traveling in economy class on Etihad airways. Reaching Abu Dhabi on 4th Dec at 8:00 PM.

My hotel is booked in Dubai so i need to go from Abu Dhabi Airport to Dubai. When i booked the ticket I did not realize that i have to book the shuttle service as well. I thought its available on first come first serve basis to Etihad Guest..

Now when i called the call center to book a spot on the bus, they say that all the spots for the class I am traveling in are fully booked :(

Did any one of you faced this issue? do you always have to pre-book the shuttle before the flight or you can just walk there with the boarding pass and ask for the seat?

Please let me know. I don't want to pay so much for the taxi to get to dubai.

Thanks

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
943 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre- booking for Etihad bus/shuttle service to Dubai??

I have always prebooked the Dubai bus sector, however they do allow walk on passengers with a Etihad boarding pass or reservation number, although I've seen families turned away as they hadn't prebooked.

Did you enquire about both of the services to Marina and Chelsea Towers? They are both Dubai but 2 separate services. Also, the buses operate every 2 hours so you could always book yourself on a later service and still save the taxi fare.

Have a look at the Etihad website with timing details. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine as the only time I've seen the bus to be full was start of summer break this year.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre- booking for Etihad bus/shuttle service to Dubai??

just a thought, but if the coach is full you might find a fellow passenger who would share a taxi to Dubai.

3. Re: Pre- booking for Etihad bus/shuttle service to Dubai??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:41