We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Airport in Transit

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Airport in Transit

We've just been advised by Emierates that what we thought would be a 2.5 hour touch down in Dubai is now becoming a 5 hour wait. This will be in the middle of the night and we have a 5 and a 9 year old with us.

Can anyone give some reassurance that it really won't be too bad!

We will just have had a 7 hour flight from Birmingham and are facing 10.5 hours to Perth.

any tips?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,609 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

Thats one of the busiest times and Terminal 3 is pretty crowded then I'm afraid.

On the plus side theres plenty of places to eat and shop.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

Bronia is correct in that its the busiest time then....but by the time you diembark and need to re-embark you'll have maybe 3 1/2 hours....Dubai is a 24 hour airport with lots of shopping and places to eat and drink....another option is the Marhaba lounge which you can pay to use:

emirates.com/english/…marhaba_lounge.aspx

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

Thanks Briona & Harrypic - does anyone know if there is any kidz play areas?

Dubai
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

Hi,

Have found this site where you might find the information your looking for

www.dubaiairportguide.com

Regards

Rob

australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

I will be passing through Dubai and transiting there for 1.5 hours in September. If I purchase duty free alcohol at Heathrow, will that be allowed to be taken aboard and reboarded or is it likely to be taken from me there?

Will be flying Royal Brunei airlines.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,609 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

Mary I would buy it in Dubai. If you buy at LHR it will be confiscated at security in Dubai as you are in transit. No liquids over 100 mls and even then they have to fit into your ziplock bag. 1.5 hours maybe a bit tight but you should have time for a very quick trip to Dubai duty free.

7. Re: Dubai Airport in Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:15