We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers

Stellenbosch, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers

Hi

My wife and I will arrive in Dubai on 3 Nov at 23h55 and our departure flight in only at 10h55 on 4 Nov. The airport within the hotel is quite expensive so I thought that it might be a good idea to get a visa, get a bit of sleep in a hotel and do a very early morning drive-by sightseeing (6am - 8am).

Do you think it would be worth it and do you know of a hotel with a 24 hours reception that includes a free airport transfer?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,029 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers

Check with Jumeirah Creekside hotel as they have 24 hour checkin policy. Not sure they have a free shuttle to airport but it is less than 10 min from airport and will cost about 35 from the airport and less in the way back.

Stellenbosch, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers

Hi

Thanks very much. Will have a look!

Cheers

G

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers

This '24 hour check-in' thing, and the regular suggestion of Creekside, is a little bit of a red herring.

Frankly, hardly any hotel in Dubai doesn't have 24 hour check-in (even the cheap ones). That is, reception is open 24 hours a day, so whatever time you arrive, you can go to your room.

Where the confusion lies is the booking/billing cycle. If a hotel has a check-in time of 3pm, and check-out of 12pm, that means the normal booking/billing cycle is a maximum of 21 hours.

What Jumeirah Creekside offer - and you can pay 'through the nose for it' - is a 24 hour booking. That is, you arrive at say 0300 in the morning and you can stay until 0300 the next day.

In this case, as you will be arriving around 0100 in the morning at a hotel, and looking to checkout around 0900, there's no need at all to waste money faffing about getting a 24 hour booking. Simply book a cheap hotel with a check-in date of 3rd Nov, arrive early on the 4th, then check-out a few hours later.

As for the transfer, I really wouldn't bother - here's why. To get a 'free' transfer' you'd likely have to pay more for a more expensive hotel - and the uplift cost will likely be more than a taxi anyway. Add into that you may have to wait for the minibus to pick up other passengers and other service issues, I doubt it would be practical.

There's many 'cheap' hotels around the airport such as Premier Inn, Le Meridien (Fairway) - smaller but far cheaper than Le Meridien Airport, Holiday Inn Express - probably less than 80 Euros inc taxes and charges

Creekside will push you around 150 Euros, with a 24 hour booking even more (as it's an ad hoc quote). Taxi to a local airport hotel perhaps 30-40 dirhams (inc a tip).

Geneit jouself 🇿🇦

Edited: 22 August 2018, 03:35
Reply to: Dubai hotel with 24 hours reception + free airport tranfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted