We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Cost of living.

Hello,

As I mentioned before I got a job offer from Abu dhabi and the offer says that is about 20000 aed/ Month.

Can anyone tell me whats the cost of living in Abu dhabi for monthly? I am 22 years and love traveling, sports and dancing.

I hope to get some answers.

Thanks,

Rishabh

2 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
884 posts
275 reviews
1. Re: Cost of living.

It can be very expensive here - is the 20.000 aed on top of housing etc?

To give you an idea:

Mobile package: 1 gb 3G+ 50 free minutes- 100 aed.

Tv/internet home: 500-1000 aed (depending on speed/channels (also remember apps like Skype and FaceTime are blocked from here)

Electricity/community fee/cooling: we’re in a 4 bed villa and pay around 2400 aed pr month - a flat will be cheaper.

Food: If you cook yourself, I would budget around 1000-1500 aed pr month. In the city there are lots of cheap Indian restaurants though.

Going out for a drink is expensive:40-80 aed for a drink or glass of wine, but then again: tons of ladies nights, so it can also be cheap:-)

A gym membership can be expensive, as can classes (think around 50-100 aed pr class), but you may have a (free) gym in the building you choose. There are lots of all kinds of sports teams to join - although most for a fee.

Traveling from both Abu Dhabi and Dubai is easy, but tickets can be expensive (sometimes it is cheaper to go from Europe via Dubai to Thailand, than just going from Dubai to Thailand)

Edited: 11 May 2018, 14:10
dubai
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Cost of living.

All depends what's excluded in your package. Accommodation is the single most expensive monthly outgoing.

If it is provided 20k mth should suffice, subject to your expected lifestyle of course.

Reply to: Cost of living.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted