We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

Hi

I have 2 stopovers at Doha comming up - one is quite lenghty i am not a great flyer and a glass of wine helps. I have heard you can only by alcohol at hotel bars - is there a licenced bar at Doha airport??

Thanks

Qatar
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

It is forbidden to drink alcohol in the country except hotels.so you can't drink at the airport.You cant even admit alcohol to doha from abroad

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

If you want a drink with your meal I would take a taxi to the Movenpick Hotel which is quite handy to the Corniche and have a meal there. Food is not bad at all and you can have your glass of wine . Its a pleasant restaurant , usually with a fixed price help yourself buffet and also a small piano bar if you want to drink without eating.

Whilst Qatar Airways is excellent , Doha airport terminal building is MUCH too small for the amount of traffic, the whole terminal experience is unpleasant. A lot of building work is going on and it can get very crowded indeed , to the extent of not even being able to get a seat. If you can get into the business lounge then its not too bad .

Get out and about into town if you can.

uk
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

Please confirm that Qatar airlines serve alcohol on board - I have booked business class and was told that alcohol was served on the plane and in the BC lounge. My hubby will not be a happy bunny if he can not have a beer or two getting to our destination.

Thanks

london
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

Hi

thanks helicopter ! couple of things for clarification -

* if you leave the airport on a stop over ( sorry 1st time) do you need a special stamp or anything?

* i will be flying back alone - is that ok for women out and about in Doha will i get hassled should i cover my arms and legs ( head?)

In regard to the other lady wondering about her hubbies beers , no i checked that out and they do serve alcohol during the flight just not in doha

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

Chalana - Qatar airways do indeed serve alcohol on board so no worries there.

6. Re: Can you drink alcohol at Doha airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 11:17