We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Office dress code for men?

Leicester, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Office dress code for men?

Hi all,

I'll be travelling from the UK to Bahrain for work in the next couple of months, what's acceptable office attire for men? Does it have to be a full suit or can you wear shoes, trousers (chinos/cords), and shirt (or even polo shirt)?

All my office wear is geared to British weather (dark suits, thick shirts) and don't want to have to buy a whole new office wardrobe for one trip.

Also, are there any general dress rules I should be aware of when not at the office?

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
Bahrain
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Office dress code for men?

This depends from company to company and their business culture! But keep hot weather in mind while choosing the dress

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Office dress code for men?

As mentioned, a lot depends on your work and who you will be meeting with.

Sales and Marketing normally wear formal tie and suit while the behind the scenes staff are more casually dressed but not to the level of jeans and t shirt.

Leicester, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Office dress code for men?

Thanks for the replies.

I work for an insurance company and will be going to Bahrain to undertake a project. It's looking likely that I will be there in June and July so am worried that if I pack suits, ties, etc, I'm going to be making a big mistake with the heat! Having said that, I presume it's fairly easy to avoid going out in it? I'll be aiming to get to the office no later than 8am each morning and its looking like I'll need to get a taxi there and back so I'm going to be in air condiitoned environments most of the time, apart from lunch when I'll need to nip out and get some food.

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Office dress code for men?

yes you will move from air conditioned hotel to a/c car to a/c office and back.

The suit will be fine and you will see others in same attire

5. Re: Office dress code for men?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2018, 14:17