We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
401 posts
295 reviews
Save Topic
caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

Hello,

will be traveling in Israel and will visit Petra. Jarash looks very interesting. Has anyone visited both Casesarea and Jarash? Which is more impressive and what are the differences in your opinion.

thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

HI

There is no comparision between the two

Jarash is a big site and takes few hours to visit.The Metropolis is almost intact from what it was in the past.It ranks number archeological site after Petra in Jordan

Caesrea not much left from the ruins.

Im sure other can eleborate on this topic

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,332 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

It is indeed very difficult to compare two completely different sites - however, I beg to differ with syriafullbottle's assessment of Caesarea - to do justice to all the finds and loci in Caesarea you need at least half a day, if not more.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

Oreets may be you are right.

It is over 50 years since i last visited the town Im sure lots of excavations has been unearthed that i dnt know about.I would love to revisit it in future.

cheers

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,332 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

Let me know when you're coming - I'll be happy to reintroduce you to all the finds that have been discovered since your last visit.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

Thanks for the offer Oreets.Im might take you up on it one day.

cheers

Jerash, Jordan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

if jerash has been mentioned a lot in history accounts, it would be # 1 in the world since it is a very big site and a very well preserved city. in other words jerash hasnt had a big role historically but it plays it now in archaeology.

7. Re: caesarea, israel versus Jarash, Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 00:15