We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra & Jerash tours from Israel

Which Jerash hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Petra & Jerash tours from Israel

I'm travelling with my wife and will be in Israel and I've been offered a 2 day (1 night) trip to Petra & Jerash to/from the Jordan River crossing from Israel - near Beit She'an (www.tourplanisrael.com/…).

I'm concerned that with the distances to be covered, we won't get a decent chance to see these two sites. Is this type of tour feasible? Can you recommend the best way of covering these two sites?

Thanks

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra & Jerash tours from Israel

I suppose if you start early morning and cross by 7.30am you can be in Jerash after just over 1 hour approx. You can spend 3 hours in Jerash and have a nice lunch locally in one of the many nice restaurants. Continue to Petra about a 4- 4.5 hour drive arriving evening time (some people may even include a detour through Madaba and look around there for a couple of hours) its certainly feasible and arrive in Petra a little later.

Next day early start 7.30am to Petra and finish around 3pm - arriving at the border around 9pm or whatever as its a good 6 hour ride at night. 7 hours is very sufficient for most places except the high place of sacrifice and including lunch and a rest in the basin for an hour.

jordan
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra & Jerash tours from Israel

better to consult atour operator in jordan .for the distance &rates

can recommend www.jordan-holidays.com

for feed back

3. Re: Petra & Jerash tours from Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2010, 14:16