We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on planning a drive around Jordan

Which Jordan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help on planning a drive around Jordan

Hi,

I am going to Jordan in a couple of weeks for 9 days and am wondering what is the best way to plan my route to capture as much as I can during my stay.

I am looking to hire a car and then drive as much as I can around the country.

I will be flying into Amman and then look to visit the following:

- Jerash

- Dead Sea

- Madaba

- Petra

- Wadi Rum

Please let me know if this is realistically able to be done and how long I should leave at the places.

I am thinking to leave the Dead Sea as the last part of my holiday before flying back so I can relax here after a long week of travelling around Jordan.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

you can base your self in Madaba 2 nights, then do Jerash and Ajloun Castle, that should take one day.

Petra 2 nights , Wadi Rum 1 night.. spending the last few days at the Dead Sea is a good idea..

ciao

A99

2. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2012, 20:12
London
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

Thanks for your responses, and if you have any recommendations for hotels it would be much appreciated.

Do you know where is best to stay around the Dead Sea also?

Thanks

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

Dear Reanesh,

Sounds like a good plan. You might consider adding a 1/2 or full day trip to the desert castles from Amman. I haven't seen people discuss them very much on TripAdvisor forum, but they are really interesting. The medieval Qusayra Amra, for instance, is a UNESCO world heritage site, with amazing frescoes. Qasr Kharana is also worth seeing--a fortress right in the middle of the desert. There are others that are terrific, as well. You could hire a driver to put together a tour.

I know that there's a lot to see in Jordan, but if you're interested in history and geography, the desert castles are definitely on the "to see" list!

best, Tip

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

At Dead Sea there are only 4/5 star rating hotels with equal service.

For hotels in Amman and Petra check tripadvisor hotel reviews.

cheers

6. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2012, 20:12
7. Re: Help on planning a drive around Jordan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:42