We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Trip: March 11-19, 2013

San Francisco
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Israel Trip: March 11-19, 2013

I will visit Israel from March 11 to 19, 2013.

My itenerary:

Arriving Tel Aviv on 11, 2:00am

11-13: Jerusalem (2 full days from 11, 12:00 to 13, 15:00)

13: Flight to Eilat at 19:00 (Eilat hotel 2 nights)

14: Petra day tour

15 (Friday):

- morning at sea (a couple of hours)

- Road 90 (I rent car in Eilat),

- Bathing on Dead Sea beach at Ein Gedi (Ein Gedi hotel 1 night)

16 (Saturday):

- Short hike in Ein Gedi at morning

- Masada.

- Drive to Haifa (Haifa hotel 2 nights)

17: Visiting North on the car

- Sefad

- Teberias

18:

- Haifa

- Akko

- Drive to Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv hotel 2 night)

19: Tel Aviv

20: Early morning - airport

I'd like to see Caesarea also, is it possible to add it on the way to Haifa or back to Tel Aviv?

Any suggestions for "what to visit/where to stop", especially from March 15 to 18, when I'm with car.

Am I over-stretching myself?

Thank you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,957 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Israel Trip: March 11-19, 2013

The only issue I would say about road 90 is that there are no street lights and the road is a bit curvy and hilly so it's suggested not to drive on the section between the turn-off from Jerusalem until Beit Shean at night. It's safe, but a bit nerve wracking if you are not familiar with the road -- just like anywhere in the world.

Chana

Israel

San Francisco
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Israel Trip: March 11-19, 2013

I'm back from Israel and want to thank everyone for all good advices.

It was too late to change my itinerary, so I followed my initial plan with one change - visited Caesarea instead of Akko.

I drove from Dead Sea to Haifa through Highway 90 and Highway 1 and they are absolutely safe.

Daily tour to Petra from Eilat with Fun Time Tour&Travel( www.fun-time.co.il) was amazing and I highly recommend it.

Everything went good except of one mistake - I took Jerusalem daily tour with Bein Harim Tourism Services (www.beinharimtours.com). It was completely wasted day: waiting people from other tour groups, an hour of circling Old Town and looking for parking spot with tourists in the bus(?!), stops at many shops instead of visiting places, and so on.

I revisited all places listed in the tour description again the next day...

13. Re: Israel Trip: March 11-19, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 17:15