We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey E-Visa

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
348 reviews
Turkey E-Visa

Anybody used this yet?

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

946 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,930 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Turkey E-Visa

tmynatt, welcome to Istanbul.

Lots of people have gotten their e-visas so far. Here is one traveller: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6442…". It will save you time at the airport.

enigma...

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Turkey E-Visa

I purchased my e-visa through the website a couple of days ago - remarkably painless (especially compared with the process of applying for an Indian visa online)!

I reserve full judgment until I've actually made it through immigration at Istanbul airport in a few weeks time.

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Turkey E-Visa

just got back from Istanbul.I did my visa on-line a few days before I travelled.A lot of people wondered if it was worth the extra money or not.As my plane arrived the same time as 2 others,I say yes,it was worth the extra!! The queues were very long and I was glad I wasn't in them.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4. Re: Turkey E-Visa

You mentioned it was worth the extra charge. What charge? Doesn't it cost $20 at the airport for a visa? That's what the online charge is.

Thanks

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
269 reviews
5. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Yes it cost the same as the airport $20.00 usd

Greater London...
Level Contributor
497 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Yes, but you can also pay at the airport in £sterling (£10 I believe) or euros (15 I believe) so it is probably cheaper for a Brit to buy on arrival. Having said that, it depends on how much you value your time as on occasions I understand there can be long queues to buy the visa

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
7. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Hi

Very easy to complete the applicaton form. Tried paying with mastercard but it would not process. checked with bank - no problem there so awaiting to hear back from Turkey

J W
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
8. Re: Turkey E-Visa

you're able to just print your evisa online, correct?

also, they didnt ask me to scan a copy of my passport to them, is that the case for all of you?

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
111 reviews
9. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Yes,that's right.Just pay the money and print off the visa.Dead easy!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
10. Re: Turkey E-Visa

Wow, thanks for all of the helpful insight everyone!

I'm leaving for Europe today and will be going to Turkey later on this week...didn't even realize I'd need a visa until today! I feel more relieved to have the e-visa as an option.

Reply to: Turkey E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted