We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D Tour?!

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sour
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
3D Tour?!

Hello,

My friend has been to Istanbul, and she's telling me about a 3D Tour in some mall in Istanbul. She said the building is more than 50 floors high. You ride somthing like a helicopter and enjoy a 3D Tour of the main attractions in Istanbul. She saying it's amazing!

Any idea about such a mall or such a tour??

Thank you a lot.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,693 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D Tour?!

Rayan, It is the Sapphire Tower and Mall. The tour is at the observation deck on the top of the tower. To go there simply take the metro from Taksim to 4th Levent stop. There is a walkway to the mall from the metro station. You have to buy separate tickets for the 3D tours besides the one for the observation deck with excellent views. Have a look. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4380…".

good luck,

enigma...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D Tour?!

We did the Sapphire 3D ride in November. You do see aerial shots of the many sights around Istanbul though they change quite quickly. Someone once likened it to to Disney's ride Soarin' over California. Kind of... Sapphire's ride jerks and lurches a lot, so all 3 of us felt sick afterwards and we had to sit and rest for quite a long while. I'd sum it up as an attempt to create a Disney ride, but falling way short.

3. Re: 3D Tour?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:15