We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maternity wear

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Maternity wear

I am pregnant (Yuppiii) and I heard that maternity wear stores in Istanbul are fantastic.. I am staying at sirkeci for 4 days and I would like to know where can I find some (Adresses or malls etc..) .. Any help or hint? Thx...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,221 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maternity wear

Hi Nadia,

Welcome to Turkey and congratulations. "Mothercare" stores are one of the better chains for maternity clothing. They have about 10 or so stores mostly in major malls: "demsagroup.com/english/…magazalar.aspx". I suggest you visit the one at Cevahir Mall at Sisli. Simply take the metro from Taksim and exit at Sisli (second) stop. The mall is right there. You will like both the mall and the store.

good luck,

enigma...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maternity wear

Trust me (from someone who has been pregnant twice) if you are stylish and you are pregnant, mothercare would be the last place to buy maternity clothes, plus mothercare in Turkey is so overpriced compared to London, where it is a very average store. Good luck in your search, hope someone who has personal experience will reply.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maternity wear

I would hope it is possible that some of us average people who must shop at average stores can also be stylish.

Mothercare appears to be at least a good start and if they maintain 10 stores in some of the fabulous malls in Istanbul, they must be doing something right,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maternity wear

It has nothing with 'average people' buying maternity wear or such populist argument I am referring to. Mothercare clothes are much cheaper in UK where they have hundreds of shops, in Turkey they position themselves as a luxury brand where their goods don't justify this. Their prices, accordingly, are in the luxury bracket.Their maternity clothes are notoriously Unstylish and when you are pregnant and trying to look your best in a difficult time it is not worth to pay such extortionate prices that would otherwise be very low end clothes. There must be hundreds of well designed local maternity clothes shops in Istanbul and someone who has shopped from these should hopefully reply.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maternity wear

Thx for your replies.. Actually we do have Mothercare in our country and I don't find what I want there. What I am really asking about is turkish (local) brands especially that turkish clothes are very famous in that. HELP!!! ;)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maternity wear

When I was pregnant and living in Turkey I couldn't find any decent clothes so I came back to the UK to get mine. Of course Istanbul will have a good selection.

I actually found some quite nice things in Mothercare ;-)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maternity wear

Hi Nadia,

My wife found very stylish cloths at GEBE when she was pregnant . They have stores in the decent shopping malls. You can check out their web site for the nearest store for you. http://www.gebe.com.tr/default.aspx

Good luck and have fun in Istanbul

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,221 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maternity wear

Nadia, Both GEBE and Mothercare have stores in the Cevahir Mall. So when you go there, you can compare the quality and prices.

enigma...

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Maternity wear

Mum Style very good quality of product. You can found www.mumstyle.co.uk

10. Re: Maternity wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 19:24