We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Jakarta
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Hello

I will travel to Moscow to see World Cup and from there will continue to Uzbekistan and then to Kyrgyzstan before returning home. I am planning to take my drone with me but just realised that it's illegal to bring drone into Uzbekistan.

Is it possible for me to declare my drone upon arrival at the airport, leave it at custom, and take it back again when leaving the country? My arrival and departure are both from Tashkent airport. Has anyone ever done this? How long/complicated is the procedure? Or should I just leave my drone at home?

Thanks for any info.

13 replies to this topic
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
109 posts
1. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Hi!

If I understand you correctly, it is a musical instrument of a football fan? If so, then you can take it with you. If your instrument is large, you must put it in your luggage. If it is small, you can take it in hand luggage. If your drone exceeds the cost of $ 2,000, you will have to declare it. If less - then don't.

Good luck! I wish your favorite team to win! And have a good trip to Uzbekistan!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Thank you OtabekUmarov for replying but it's not a musical instrument. A drone is a small radio controlled flying camera which is banned by Uzbekistan government. I will use it in Russia and Kyrgyzstan but since it's banned in Uzbekistan I want to know if it's possible to declare it at Tashkent airport and have the custom keep it for me until i leave Tashkent airport again about two weeks later.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
109 posts
3. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Good day!

I have found out about your question. Yes, unfortunately, you can not take a drone to Uzbekistan, even if you declare it. Probably, it will be better if you send your drone from Moscow by mail to your home.

Good luck.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Thank you! Maybe I will send the drone from Moscow to my hotel in Bishkek then.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
873 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Is it a way that I can legally bring a drone to Uzbekistan? Plan to travel to Turkmenistan as well and it sounds like I can use it there. But I’m planning to enter Turkmenistan from Uzbekistan. So anyway that I can bring in?

Innsbruck, Austria
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
6. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

So I just have been to Tashkent Airport with my DJI Spark. I declared the drone and the customs staff was really nice and helpful.They filled a few forms for me which I had to sign.

So I was able to leave the drone at the airport and I can pick it up when I leave the country.

If I will have any problems with that I will let you know ;)

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Ukraine, Lutsk, Chernivtsi
Level Contributor
22,501 posts
342 reviews
7. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Hi Michael,

In other words, they did not allow you to take it out of the airport into the country?

Sorry, it's not quite clear from your post. Thanks!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
176 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

That's great Michael. Thanks. Please update again after you leave the country. If it's smooth then I will also bring my drone and declare it upon arrival.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Starting from May 29 you are able to bring drones, BUT! You have to get official permision from local authotiries. Contact one of the travel agency and ask whether they will help you or not. They have to write the official paper and etc and wait for the authorities answer.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
873 posts
123 reviews
10. Re: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport

Does it mean that I can bring a drone into Uzbekistan but do not use it without a permission, or even bringing it into the country would need a permission no matter what ?

Reply to: Declaring drone at Tashkent airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uzbekistan