We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I be worried?

Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should I be worried?

Off to Maldives tomorrow, south male atoll, and bit concerned re weather forecast as it's saying cloud/rain from Sunday onwards for the rest of our two week stay. Should we be worried?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I be worried?

yes ! you should cancel and send me the tickets ! ;)

seriously ... we have had identical threads hundreds of times .. try weathr FAQ and the search function if you really want to obsess - or continue looking forward to the trip .

hint : it says rain in some forecasts every day of the year. the only relevant forecast predicts only sunshine for the next 3 days http://202.21.178.203/mms/ i think you have to copy/past the url . it will take you to the maldivian department of meteorology. don't mind the rest

Edited: 31 January 2012, 04:01
somerset
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I be worried?

Cloudy and rainy aren't quite the same in yhe maldives as over here. It doesn't usually rain all day just short showers and sometimes cloudy is good in terms of not frying!

But as anywhere in the world the weather cannot be guarranteed except i can preety much guarranty it will be a lot warmer than here!

Sorry for bad spelling.

There is nothing you can do about it so why worry, just enjoy!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,901 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I be worried?

The weather forcast, I think is based on Male which is hot sticky and gets more rain. Elsewhere one island may get a bit of rain and another none - over hundreds of islands.

At this time of year you shouldn't get more than a shower if that. At least it is warm rain and if you get in the sea while its raining its positively bath like! Something I won't be trying here in the near future.

Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I be worried?

Thanks guys for putting my mind at rest! Will leave the rain coat at home :-) don't think you'd want my tickets spammie... We're off to olhuveli, booked before coming on the forum, and my mom and dad to vilamendhoo!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I be worried?

for free, i'd go pretty much anywhere :)

Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I be worried?

Can't sleep I'm so excited! Just wAnted to say a huge thanks to everyone on this forum for all their support and time over recent months. It's an amazing helpful forum and has some great people! Thank you :-)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I be worried?

i guess i shouldn't be packing my bags in hopes of those free tickets , huh? :)

have a great trip !

8. Re: Should I be worried?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 19:23