We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Huts?

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Water Huts?

I would like to go to the Maldives early next year, but I dont want to stay in a hotel, I want to stay in a hut over the water, how do I book something like this, when I search for holidays they are all hotels, any resort name, that I can look into, best prices would be great!

Also, which island would be the best to stay on? I want an unforgettable experience!

Thanks x

Heusden-Zolder...
Level Contributor
145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Huts?

Are this enough resort names? Wich one to stay on depends on budget and what you like on an island1

Alila Villas Hadahaa

Lily Beach Resort & Spa

Six Senses Latitude Laamu

Anantara Dhigu

Angaga

Angsana Velavaru /

Athuruga

Bandos

Banyan Tree

Baros

Coco Palm /

Coco Palm Bodu Hithi

Cocoa Island

Conrad Maldives Rangali

Dhoni Island

Embudu Village

Eriyadu /

Fihalhohi

Filitheyo

Four Season Kuda Huraa

Four Seasons at Landaa Giraavaru

Full Moon Beach

Helengeli /

Holiday Island

Hulule Airport Hotel

Huvafen Fushi

Ihuru Angsana

Island Hideaway

Kandholhu Island

Kanuhura

Komandoo /

Kuramathi

Kuredu

Kurumba /

Maayafushi

Makunudu

Medhufushi /

Meedhupparu Water Villas /

Meerufenfushi /

Mirihi

Nika /

Olhuveli

One&Only Reethi Rah

Palm Beach Resort

Rania

Reethi Beach

Royal Island

Soneva Fushi by Six Senses

Soneva Gili by Six Senses

Summer Island

Sun Island

Taj Exotica Maldives

The Beach House Manafaru /

Thudufushi

Thulhagiri /

Vakarufalhi

Velassaru

Velidhu

Vilamendhoo

Vilu Reef

W Retreat

White Sands

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Huts?

Er...Im being thick I know, are those the island names or the resorts with huts? I just want to stay on a beautiful island with a water hut!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Huts?

The island names ARE the resorts. Almost all of the islands have water huts, although these days "huts" is not really the word for them. Almost all of the islands are beautiful. What else do you want from your holiday and how much are you prepared to pay? These facts will narrow it down to a couple of dozen islands.

Have you tried getting a couple of brochures from a travel agent? Or looking at a guide book. It's a little hard to advise someone you don't know when they don't give you a clue except a hut over the water. There are 90-odd resorts each pretty much a self-contained resort (although a couple are sub-divided) so on the facts that we know so far almost any of them would satisfy you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Huts?

I think you're asking for the impossible. Each island is a resort island. The island and the resort (hotel if you like) have the same name. Accommodaton can be in small low rise blocks, detached or semi-detached bungalows/villas, or water villas. I don't know of anywhere that has overwater 'huts'. The closest would be the water villas which are fabulous things, usually at a commensurate price. Small, cheap(er) islands tend not to have these. I would suggest that you get hold of Adrian Nevilles book on the Maldives as it lists and details every single island that is open to visitors, and take it from there.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Huts?

Hi Kickin Chicken

Nearly all the islands now have water bungalows ( water huts)NONE of them are hotels in the sense you mean as all the accomodation consists of separate villas (luxurious huts) either on the island or over the water

Regards

Doug

6. Re: Water Huts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:20