We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

Osaka, Japan
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

Does anyone know if Malaysia Airlines will offer a refund if I cancel my flight? I booked it from Sky Scanner a mnonth or so ago (still over a month until departure).

I'd like to change my booking to a flight 24 hours earlier than I'd previously planned, but it's probably less hassle to cancel the booking and book again for the different day than change the booking I already have.

44 replies to this topic
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

A lot will depend on what type of ticket. Some 'special deals have no refund or cancellation and will not allow change of flight. Others will allow cancellation or change of flight beyond a certain period before the flight.

If you have printed an E ticket it should have included the terms and conditions. If they are not included check with the airline call centre.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,702 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

HI

Agree, it will depend on the T&C for your specific ticket (as it varys when you booked and how much you paid)

You really need to ring them diretly.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

But if you're only doing the two days in KL, do you really need to change it now?? :)

4. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 18:35

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

Post no. 4: This is a travel forum, not the airline. Contact Malaysia Airlines directly. And don't give out personal contact details on an open forum.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

It is unlikely that anyone at Malaysia Airline will even read your post. This in not the means to try to contact them. Contact them direct.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 16:21
7. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 18:35

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

Please all of this thread especially read posts 5 and 6.

This is not a forum to contact airlines.

Telephone the airline!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy

This is why u go thru an agent!!

Edited: 17 March 2014, 21:05
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts