We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in Malaysia

Which Malaysia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay in Malaysia

I'm looking into planning a trip to Malaysia and Singapore. Where's the best place to stay in Malaysia?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
34,857 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

Your question is almost too big to answer.

How long are you away for?

When are you travelling?

Who will be travelling, couple [age?], family . . .?

What sort of budget do you have?

Do you want to travel about lots of areas, using flights etc, or do you want to stay in one location?

Do you want to be near restaurants / shops / bars or do you want remote and eat in the hotel?

What do you want to see and do when away?

Have a good read on sites like this one, pop into a good book store and read a travel guide on the destinations you fancy visiting.

In the various forums where you want to travel look in the left hand panel of the page and check out the ‘travel guide’ / ‘inside guides’ and ‘things to do’ which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to do as well as other information, and ‘……………..hotels’ where you look at the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc, but you can sort by budget as well as read recent reviews,

<---------------------------

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

Also read JBR / just back reports / trip reports etc or search and read some of the questions already posted in this forum. Lots of really useful information about already posted.

There are some really useful information and brochures from the Tourism Malaysian about many places in Malaysia, have a read and see what appeals:

www.tourism.gov.my/corporate/trade.asp…

Or have a look at Trip Advisors sister website, Virtual Tourist

virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Trav…

See what appeals to you, your time schedule and your budgets, as at the moment your question is almost too big to answer.

Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

Hi,

The best place in Malaysia as follow:-

1) Penang- It's an island with good food, historical building and beach.

2) Kuala Lumpur- Metropolitan City.

3) Melaka - Historical City.

4) Sabah - wonderful resorts and beaches.

Actually there are so many place, it's all depend your interest.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

Hi,

Check out:

Http://cafe.daum.net/kotalove

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

What is the best place to stay in South Korea?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

@JkOshoUg - Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry, I was terribly vague in my initial post. I'll be traveling with my husband. We're planning to stay for 4 nights in Malaysia and 2 days in Singapore. We don't have much of a budget but we're looking to stay anywhere where we can experience the historical sights. We're not real shoppers or party-goers. We'd love to eat what the locals and go sightseeing.

@Jadamros - I was vague in my initial post but that doesn't warrant your tone. Hopefully I won't bump into people like you in my travels.

Edited: 09 April 2011, 19:46
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

@Sabah_Girl - I can't read Korean. I'm not a S. Korean native.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
34,857 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

Hi

With only 4 days, then head to Penang (easy flying to / from Singapore). Stay in Georgetown. It will take the best part of a day to travel to / from Singapore and Penang (and the same back again)

But do read up about the place to see if it is for you, as whilst we have tried to be helpful, it is very difficult when folks ask a very general and what is the best . . . . sort of question. What is best for me might be your idea of hell etc

, my idea of fun and a great place to stay might be very different from yours . . . So we were all being very helpful . . . JkOshoUg's rely was more tongue in cheek than most . . and was afterall just a list similar to you find on the links provide.

Happy hunting, Have fun . . .

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

@Loso12. How exactly was I being offensive in my tone? I asked exactly the same question you did. It is a valid question, if I know what to you is the best place you think is in South Korea, I can recommend something similar to what I know you like. For example, if you say Jeju island is the best place, then i know you like island life, and I would recommend you Langkawi island here in Malaysia. If you like Seoul and the city life, maybe Kuala Lumpur. Not so?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

@Jadamros - I apologize if I misunderstood. Without an explanation to why you're asking the same question I asked, it comes off sarcastic. Answering a question with the same question with a different object comes off as sarcastic.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: best place to stay in Malaysia

Is either you go to Melaka or Penang if you only have 4 days. However, with limited budget maybe you should come to KL from Singapore and then make a day trip to Melaka. In Kuala Lumpur, you can visit the twin towers and also some historic places. Whereby in Melaka you can visit most of the historic place since the colonel time and also the best local food.